Experiencing audio issues with your Powerbeats Pro can be frustrating, especially when only one side decides to go silent. But worry not, as we’re here to help you get straight to the heart of the problem.
In this article, we’ll outline the key steps to identifying and addressing the issue at hand, ensuring you can enjoy your music, podcasts, or phone calls without any hiccups. Stay tuned as we delve into the world of Powerbeats Pro troubleshooting and get you back to enjoying your audio in full stereo.
How To Fix Powerbeats Pro Only One Earbud Working:
1. Clean PowerBeats & Case
In some cases, Powerbeats Pro may not pair or charge properly due to blockage in the charging case or earbuds. Dirt, sweat, or debris in the case or on the earbuds can cause issues with pairing and charging. To ensure the problem isn’t caused by sweat or dirt, clean both the charging case and earbuds, making sure they are completely dry before placing them back in the case.
To clean your Powerbeats Pro earbuds and charging case, you will need some basic materials, including 70% isopropyl alcohol, cotton swabs, a toothpick, and a lint-free cloth or paper towel. By following these simple steps, you can keep your earbuds and charging case in good condition:
- Take a cotton swab and clean any debris on or around the charging pins inside the case. Make sure to repeat this process with another cotton swab to ensure that all debris has been removed.
- Use a toothpick dipped in isopropyl alcohol to remove any remaining dirt around the charging pins. However, you need to be cautious while using the toothpick, as it is sharp and can damage the pins.
- Use a lint-free cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol to clean the charging contacts on your earbuds thoroughly. Make sure to remove any dirt or debris, so it doesn’t affect the earbuds’ charging process.
- Finally, wipe the charging case and earbuds with a paper towel or dry lint-free cloth to remove any excess moisture.
2. Turn Off Automatic Ear Detection
Occasionally, certain built-in features can lead to connection issues between one earbud and your device. A notable feature known to cause this problem is automatic ear detection.
Automatic ear detection determines whether your earbuds are in your ears and pauses or plays your music accordingly. To disable this feature on an iOS device, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Tap on the “i” icon next to Powerbeats Pro.
- Toggle automatic ear detection off.
3. Check Powerbeats Pro Battery
The Powerbeats Pro earbuds, although charging simultaneously in the case, have individual batteries. This can sometimes lead to uneven battery levels between the earbuds, particularly if one is used more often than the other.
To verify whether a battery issue is causing the problem with one of your earbuds, follow these simple steps:
- Place your Powerbeats Pro earbuds inside the charging case and securely close it.
- Position the case near your iOS device, within a 2-inch range. A notification will appear on your device’s screen, displaying the battery levels for each earbud and the case.
- Take one earbud out of the case. The screen will now show the battery levels for both individual earbuds.
By checking the battery levels, you can identify if an imbalanced charge is at the root of the problem with your Powerbeats Pro earbud. This information can help you decide on the appropriate troubleshooting steps to take next.
4. Forget & Turn Off Bluetooth On Previously Paired Devices
The next step to consider is disconnecting and “forgetting” your Powerbeats Pro Bluetooth connection on any devices you’ve previously paired them with. A device that was once paired with your Powerbeats Pro might attempt to maintain a connection, potentially causing interference when trying to pair the earbuds with a different device.
5. Reset Your Powerbeats Pro
Often, the most effective way to address this issue is by resetting your Powerbeats Pro earbuds.
- Place the earbuds in the case.
- Open the case lid.
- Press and hold the system button for 15 seconds until the LED light flashes red and white.
- Release the button.
The LED light will continue to flash white, indicating that the device has been reset.
Now, re-pair your Powerbeats Pro with your device.
This method should resolve the problem. However, if it doesn’t work for you, proceed to the next step.
6. Update Your Firmware
The next step is to ensure that the firmware is up-to-date for both your Powerbeats Pro and the device you are trying to connect them to.
For Apple devices, your Powerbeats Pro should update automatically. However, there may be instances where updates are delayed, so it’s important to verify that your device is using the latest firmware version and update manually if necessary.
To check the firmware on an iOS device:
- Pair your Powerbeats Pro with your device.
- Go to Settings > General > About.
- Scroll down and select your Powerbeats Pro.
- The firmware version will be displayed.
For Android devices, you will need to download the Beats app for Android from the Google Play Store to check your firmware status.
If your firmware is not up-to-date, you can manually update it using the Beats Updater App:
- You will need a computer or laptop (both Mac and Windows are compatible).
- Install the Beats Updater App.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your charging case to the computer using a Lightning cable.
If your device’s firmware is not at the latest version, you will be able to update it manually through the app.
7. Temporarily Connect to an Alternate Device and Re-pair
One user reported resolving their issue by unpairing their Powerbeats Pro from their current device, turning off the device’s Bluetooth, placing the earbuds in the charging case, and connecting them to a different device, such as a PC. After waiting for 5 minutes, they then re-paired the earbuds to the original device.
8. Pair & Disconnect Your Powerbeats Pro With a Previously Paired Device
If you’re having trouble connecting one of your Powerbeats Pro to a new device, try pairing and disconnecting it from a device that it was previously paired with. This can help reset the device and fix any connection issues.
To do this, start by connecting your Powerbeats Pro to the previously paired device. Once it’s connected, disconnect it from the device and put the earbuds back into the charging case. Reset the Powerbeats Pro, and then try to connect it to the new device again.
9. Use a Different Charger for your Powbeats Pro
It’s possible that charging issues with your Powerbeats Pro could be related to the charger you’re using. To troubleshoot this, try using a different charger to see if it resolves the problem.
- If you’ve been charging your Powerbeats Pro using a wall outlet, switch to charging them through a USB port on your computer or a different power adapter.
- Alternatively, if you’ve been charging your earbuds via a USB port on your computer, try using a wall outlet with a compatible power adapter instead.
- Ensure that the charging cable you’re using is in good condition and is compatible with your Powerbeats Pro charging case.
By using a different charger, you can determine if the issue is with the charger itself or if there’s a problem with the earbuds or charging case. If the problem persists, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
10. Press Down on the Earbud that Doesn’t Charge While in The case
The next solution to this issue involves gently pressing down on the earbud that isn’t charging. To attempt this method, follow these steps:
- Ensure that the charging case is connected to a charger.
- Place the non-charging earbud in the case.
- Gently apply pressure to the earbud, pressing it down into the charging case.
This simple action might help establish a better connection between the earbud and the charging contacts, allowing it to charge properly. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, move on to the next troubleshooting step.
11. Adjusting Earbud Position in Charging Case for Proper Charging
Start by sliding the main screen of your IOS device to the right to display the battery levels of your Powerbeats Pro. Then, open the charging case. You should now see the case on your device’s screen and view the battery percentage of each earbud individually.
While the earbuds are in the charging case, both of them should display a ‘bolt of lightning’ icon next to them to indicate that they are charging. If one of the earbuds doesn’t show this icon, slightly adjust its position within the case until the icon appears on your device’s screen.
When both earbuds display the lightning icon, carefully close the lid of the charging case. Your Powerbeats Pro should now be charging properly.
12. Dry Your PowerBeats Pro
If you’re experiencing connection issues with your PowerBeats Pro, it could be due to sweat or moisture in the case. To resolve this, simply take a clean, dry cloth and gently wipe the earbuds and the connectors to remove any moisture. This should help improve the connection and resolve any issues you’re experiencing.”
13. Completely Drain The Battery
Several users have reported that draining the battery of both the case and earbuds, and then recharging them, helped resolve their issues.
To do this, let the earbuds sit out until they are completely drained. Then, place them back in the charging case and charge them until they’re fully charged again. This process can help reset the device and fix any issues you’re experiencing.
14. Consult Apple Support
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and your Powerbeats Pro earbud still isn’t working, it’s likely that there’s a hardware issue. In this case, it’s best to seek professional help from Apple Support.
To contact Apple Support, start by visiting their website and selecting “More products” at the bottom of the page.
From there, choose “Beats by Dre” and select the appropriate category based on your issue. You’ll then have the option to chat or call with a support representative.
If your product is damaged, you may be eligible for a replacement. However, keep in mind that free replacements are only available within Apple’s one-year limited warranty period.
Consulting with Apple Support can help you resolve any hardware issues and ensure that your Powerbeats Pro is functioning properly.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3