If you have Beats and an Xbox, you likely want to use the two tools together. After all, Beats create an immersive sound experience that can aid in your game or transport you to the scene you see on screen. Although this sounds good, do Beats headphones work with Xbox?
Unfortunately, Beats headphones do not work directly with Xbox, but you can trick the system by using an adapter. The adapter allows you to listen and participate in your Xbox fun while using wired or wireless Beats.
To learn exactly how to connect your Beats to your Xbox, read on. We also touch on how to connect your Beats to your Xbox when an adapter is not available. Let’s get started.
Can I Use My Beats As A Gaming Headset On Xbox?
Even though Beats cannot work directly with your Xbox, you can still use the headphones as a gaming headset when using your Xbox. You can easily bypass the issue with just a couple of tools. Even if you are not very skilled in technology, the hookup process is very easy.
Listen and Talk
Once hooked up, you can obviously use your Beats to hear other players, the game, or enjoy any other audio feature coming from your Xbox.
Much less obvious is the fact that you can also use your Beats as is sort of mic. Even though Beats won’t offer as clear a sound as an actual gaming mic, the headset does come with a built-in microphone so that you can talk to teammates as well as listen.
How To Connect Beats to Xbox With Adapters
If you want to use your Beats on your Xbox, you have to go through a couple of extra steps, but the effort may be worth it. Of course, you will need to connect the Beats to a TV or console so that you can use them with your Xbox.
Headphone Intended Usage
Before moving on, it’s important to note that how you intend to use your headphones with your Xbox is important.
If you want to use your Beats for Xbox Live, you will specifically need a 2.5 male to 3.5 mm female audio adapter. This technology allows you to both hear and speak with your teammates and friends.
In comparison, you will only need an RCA to 3.5 mm female adapter if you only want to listen using your Beats. This may be the ideal scenario if you only intend to watch TV using your Beats to please a complaining neighbor that hates noise at night.
What You’ll Need
- 2.5 mm male – 3.5 mm female audio adapter
- RCA – 3.5 female adapter
If you want to use your Beats headphones for Xbox Live, you will need a 2.5 mm male to 3.5 mm female connector.
That being said, listening-only requires an RCA to 3.5 mm adapter, assuming that your TV does not have a headphone jack. If your TV does have a headphone jack, audio-only users need only to plug the headphone directly into the TV.
How To Use Beats For Xbox Live
The easiest way to connect Beats to a TV or console for Xbox Live is with an adapter. All you need to do is get the right tools, and your Beats will be up and running in no time.
- Purchased a 2.5 mm male to 3.5 mm female audio adapter. You should be able to find this audio adapter by looking online or visiting a local audio and electronics equipment store.
- Plug the connector on your headphones into the adapter’s 3.5 mm jack.
- Plug the adapter’s 2.5 mm connector into your Xbox controller. The Xbox controller requires a 2.5 mm audio connection.
How To Use Beats For Audio Only
Setting up your Beats for audio-only use is very easy. For some TVs, all you need to do is plug the headphones into the headphone jack.
- Check your TV or owner’s manual to see if there is a headphone jack. This jack will often be located on the front or side panel of the TV, though some smaller models have the jack on the back.
- If your TV happens to have a headphone jack, simply plug the Beats directly into it, and you are finished. If your TV does not have jacks, move on to step three.
- Purchase an RCA to 3.5 mm female adapter.
- Plug the audio cables from the Xbox into the adapter ports. You are specifically looking for red and white audio cables. Make sure to plug the cables into their corresponding adapter of the same color, i.e. red to red and white to white.
- Put the Beats headphones into the adapter’s 3.5 mm port.
How Do You Connect Beats Without Adapter To Xbox One?
Even though connecting Beats to your Xbox One with an adapter is the easiest method, there is a way that you can do the connection without an adapter.
What You’ll Need
- Another pair of headphones WITH a mic
What To Do
- Plug the Beats into your TV. See the above section “How To Use Beats For Audio Only” for information on how to do this.
- Go to audio settings on Xbox.
- Change settings to hear sound through TV not controller.
- Connect other headphones to your Xbox controller.
This way to connect your Beats to your Xbox may be a lot less intuitive than the other methods, even though the instructions are quite straightforward. In this method, you will be hearing through the Beats but talking through the other headphones.
The Beats’ microphone can only be used through certain products, and Xbox is not one of them. As a result, you either have to get an adapter to both listen and talk through your Beats when playing on your Xbox or only listen using your Beats. Without an adapter, you cannot talk through your Beats.
With this method, you are going to be listening to your games through your Beats, but your own responses are sent to your friends through the other headphones. So, you get the enhanced sound quality of the Beats while still being able to talk to your teammates even without an adapter.
Do Beats Wireless Headphones Work With Xbox One?
Xbox Ones are not designed to receive or transmit Bluetooth signals. As a result, you cannot use Beats wireless headphones directly with the Xbox One. However, you can use your wireless Beats using some other tools.
Most notably, you will need an adapter that allows you to transmit or transmit and receive the Bluetooth signal. Whether you get a sole Bluetooth transmitter or Bluetooth transmitter and receiver depends on your purposes.
A Bluetooth transmitter simply allows you to hear the sounds coming from your Xbox One. In comparison, a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver allow you to hear sounds as well as send your own through the built-in microphone.
How you connect your Bluetooth transmitter or transmitter and receiver depends on the Xbox controller you have. Although the exact steps may differ, the general process remains the same:
- Insert the adapter into your Xbox controller port.
- Connect the transmitter to the headset adapter using a 3.5 mm wire.
- Connect your headphones to the Bluetooth device.
Even though Beats cannot directly be hooked up to your Xbox, there are plenty of ways you can still enjoy the great sound quality Beats offer when playing on your favorite console. Good luck and happy gaming!
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3