The Turtle Beach gaming headset has brought the Xbox One and Playstation experience to another level. One of the newest headset products out there, the Turtle Beach Stealth 600, is already a game changer. You’ll want to get the set-up taken care of as quickly as possible so that you can begin the adventure.
You can connect this headset both with and without an adapter. It’s crucial that you follow the necessary steps to hook your headset up so that you can commence with the fun you’re sure to have for hours.
These Turtle Beach headsets provide you with a top-notch audio experience while playing your favorite games. When you want to enhance your gaming experience with your PS5, the Stealth 600 model from Turtle Beach just might be your best bet. You’ll love the fact that it’s flexible when it comes to options for use, though the headsets typically are designed to work with personal computers.
How to Connect Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to PS5
Depending on how you want to use your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 gaming headset, you may have to connect with a special adapter. One of the easiest ways in which you can connect your headset is to connect it directly to the sound card part of your PC. However, if your plan is to use only your PS5 console for gameplay, it’s a bit of a different process. Read on to learn just how you’ll need to connect your Turtle Beach headset to your PS5.
Bluetooth Connection to a PS5
For the most part, you’ll be able to connect your headset to your PS5 via a Bluetooth dongle. It really is quite the simple process once you know the steps that are required. Just remember that the controls are different when you do this. The features should work in perfect tandem with your PS5 as long as you connect this the right way. This includes your surround sound functionality, automatic mic muting, and all the other popular features.
This is how you’ll need to connect your headset to your PS5 using a Bluetooth connection:
- Plug in the mini transmitter that you got along with your headset. You’ll see different colored lights on the Bluetooth dongle which show you whether or not the device is paired. If you see solid blue, the pair was successful; a double blinking light means you don’t have a connection; a red light means that your microphone is muted.
- Your headphone LED blinks different colors as well. When you see a breathing red light, your headphones are on low charge and you need to plug in right away in order to continue use. You’ll be able to continue using your headset while it’s charging. After the dongle is plugged in, you should see blinking blue lights if your headphones are off.
- Hold your headphones next to the dongle, then power them up.
- Once ten seconds have passed, you should see the light on the dongle as well as the headphone’s light turn solid blue.
- Tell your PS5 which audio feed it should use.
- Navigate to Settings, then click on Sound, and then on Microphone.
- Choose the input devices category and select the one titled USB headset Turtle Beach.
- Choose the audio output category and then click on output device. Scroll until you find the headphones subsection.
- Select the output to headphones, then change the setting to all audio.
- Scroll until you find headphone volume, then turn this up all the way.
What If the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headphones Don’t Have Bluetooth?
If you get this headset only to learn that there is no Bluetooth setting, it’s likely that you’ve bought the Xbox version of the headset. This one is meant to work only with XBox’s alternative to Bluetooth, though it also will work with some computers. You’ll know if you have the version that will work with your Playstation console if it has blue lights and accents. Even if you purchase an adapter for these, it only will work with an Xbox and PC.
What If the Bluetooth Dongle Continues to Have Blinking Lights?
If the Bluetooth dongle blinks even after you have turned on the headset, it’s probably an issue with outdated firmware. This should only take a few minutes to fix. Set the update for your Stealth 600 firmware by connecting to a MAC or Windows computer. After you download the Audio Hub software, plug the headset and USB dongle in.
Which Turtle Beach Headset is Best for the PS5?
The Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset is excellent for gaming needs. You can stick with this one, or you might opt for something that’s more of an upgrade. The 700 Gen 2 gaming headset features a mini-USB transmitter that lets you have a dependable wireless connection. You’ll be able to take phone calls, listen to your music, and do some other tasks when you use the Bluetooth technology that comes along with it.
What Kind of Battery Life Do These Headsets Have?
The Turtle Beach gaming headsets come with decent battery life. They usually will provide you with 16 hours of continuous playback time. After its battery dies, you can’t use the headset. You need to make sure that plan ahead of time if you would like to have a long gaming session.
As you can see, the Turtle Beach headset really are ideal for any hardcore gamer to have as part of their setup. You have a broad range of features, long battery life, a strong wireless Bluetooth connection, and an attractive headset at a reasonable cost. Shop around for the Turtle Beach Stealth gaming headset that would best suit your needs or as a gift for a loved one using reviews and recommendations from people you know.
- Can You Lay the PS5 On Its Side? Debunking Console Placement Myths
- How to Update Turtle Beach Stealth 600 or Stealth 700 Headsets
- Does GameStop Buy Oculus Quest 2? A Comprehensive Guide to Trade-Ins
- How to Fix Oculus Quest 2 Controller Drift: Step-by-Step Guide
- How Long Does It Take to Charge a Meta Quest 2: Duration, Insights, and Best Practices