If you recently purchased a pair of Skullcandy earbuds or headphones and are unsure how to pair them the correct way or might be seeing issues with only one earbud being paired, then you’re in the right place; here’s how to connect & troubleshoot your Skullcandy earbuds.
How to Pair Your Skullcandy Earbuds:
- Place your Earbuds in the Charging Case (Both earbuds LED light should turn red) & close the case
- Remove your earbuds from the case
- This will put your earbuds in pairing mode
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth list and select your Skullcandy wireless earbuds.
- Your earbuds should now be paired to your device.
How to Fix Only One Earbud Connecting
A common problem with the Skullcandy wireless earbuds is only one earbud connects to your device. However, there is a simple to this issue:
- Turn off Bluetooth from your connecting device (Phone, laptop, tablet..etc.)
- turn your earbuds on (your earbuds will not be paired since your device’s Bluetooth is turned off)
- Click not the center of search earbud four times. This will reset and power off your earbuds. (it’s important that this is done when the buds are not connected to your device)
- Place your earbuds back in the case, close the lid
- Your earbuds will now be pairing with one another
- A beep will incur to notify you that both earbuds have been paired to one another.
- Turn Bluetooth back on from your device and begin the pairing process.
Once your device is paired both earbuds now should be working.
How To Pair Skullcandy Headphones
- While your headphones are off, press and hold the power on button for 6 seconds
- Your device will then begin to flash, indicating that it is now in pairing mode.
- Go to your Bluetooth settings on your device (Phone, laptop, tablet…etc.)
- Select your Skullcandy headphones, and that’s it! your headphones will now be paired to your device
Skullcandy Headphones Not Pairing: (Solutions)
There may be occasions that you may experience pairing issues, there are a few solutions to this:
- Ensure devices are at a reasonable distance from one another: when pairing
- Soft reset both your devices: Simply turn off both devices to clear away bugs and reconnect them once again.
- Turn off or unpair any device that was previously paired to your device: If you have paired one of your speakers or any other Bluetooth devices to your current device then chances are your device is trying to find a connection for that particular device. Unpairing the device or turning it off can resolve this issue.
- Remove your headphones from your device: If you’re able to see your headphones in your Bluetooth list but cannot pair them, remove or “forget” your headphones from your Bluetooth list and then rediscover it.
- Move away from devices causing Interference: devices such as routers SUB 3.0 ports, microwaves, and much more can cause interference and affect the pairing process. Simply moving away from these devices can result in a successful connection.
Can Skullcandy Headphones & Earbuds Work with Any Device
Yes, as long as your device is equipped with Bluetooth functionality, you will be able to connect it to your Skullcandy headphones. Regardless of it being an Apple or Android device.
How To Check Battery Life on Skullcandy Earbuds & Headphones
Once you connected your earbuds or headphones to your device, you will be able to view your Skullcandy battery on your device’s notification section. Additionally, you will be able to check the light indicator for your battery status. The power button will turn red when the battery is low.
What is the Total charging time for Skullcandy Earbuds & headphones?
The total charging time for Skullcandy earbuds is around 1 hour to charge to 100% & 2 hours to charge the case to 100%.
As for the Skullcandy headphones, the total charging time is 2.5 hours total. However, it does feature rapid charging, which offers 5 hours charge in just 10 minutes; however, this quick charge feature slows down the more battery your headphones have in order to preserve & maintain good battery health.
Does Turning off Active Noise Cancelation save battery Life?
Yes, active Noise Cancellation will drain your battery at a faster pace, so it can be beneficial to turn the feature off when not required.
Can I charge My Headphones or Earbuds with my PC/Laptop?
Yes, almost any USB output will work to charge your devices. Skullcandy recommends using a 5W (5V, 1A) USB output or higher for best performance.