A common issue among Skullcandy wireless earbuds is establishing a connection between both earbuds. However, this issue can be easily solved by troubleshooting your device. Let’s dive in!
How To Fix Skullcandy Earbuds Only One Side Working
- Place both earbuds in the charging case.
- remove your earbuds from your Bluetooth device list (on your phone, tablet, smartwatch..etc.)
- Turn off Bluetooth on your device.
- Remove only your left earbuds from the case.
- Tap the center of the earbuds until a red light appears on your earbud (a red light should typically appear in four taps)
- Place the earbud back in the case.
- Repeat the exact same steps with the right earbud.
- Remove both earbuds from the case & place them in your ear (Note: it’s crucial that you place the earbuds in your ear when removing them from the case in order to pair with each other).
- Your earbuds will then beep to indicate that the earbuds are paired together.
- A voice prompt will then appear to state, “your device is now pairing” this indicates that your earbuds are searching for your device.
- Turn your device’s Bluetooth back on (on your phone, tablet, smartwatch..etc.)
- Select your earbuds on your device’s Bluetooth list to pair your device.
And that’s it! Your earbuds should now be connected to one another!
It’s important to note that since the right earbud is the earbud that initiates the connection, it is able to connect to your device before it pairs with the left earbud, so in order to prevent this from happening, it’s recommended to take out the left earbud from the charging case first in order to prevent this issue.
If this didn’t seem to work for you, move on to method #2.
- Forget your Earbuds from your device (Phone, tablet, smartwatch…etc.)
- Turn Bluetooth off from your device.
- Turn both earbuds off by holding the button on the back of the earbuds for around 6 seconds.
- Hold the back button of the first earbud for 10 seconds, then place it in the case.
- Hold the back button of the second earbud button for 10 seconds and then place it in the case.
- Pull both earbuds out of the case to activate pairing mode.
- Turn your devices Bluetooth back on and pair it to your earbuds.
Once your device is paired both earbuds now should be working.
Why are my Skullcandy Earbuds not Charging?
Another common issue with true wireless earbuds are issues with charging. This can happen to one or both buds; if the red indicator light does not appear in your charging case while placing the earbud inside, then that’s an indication that your earbuds are not being charged.
The most common solution to this issue is to let your earbuds sit out of the case for 2 hours or more in order to drain its battery before charging it again.
Additionally, this can be due to your case not closing effectively. A major cause of this can be debris blocking the charging pins at the button of the case, or the earbuds may not be sitting on the case effectively due to incorrect positioning of the earbud’s in-ear gel.
So there you have it, having issues with pairing both earbuds is a common problem in truly wireless earbuds, but the solution above should solve your problem. It’s important to remember that since the right Skullcandy earbuds are the earbud that initiates the connection, it’s best to remove your left earbud first in order to prevent the right earbud from establishing a connection with your device before pairing to the left earbud. I hope this helped. Happy listening!