We’ve all been there: excitedly unboxing a new set of earbuds, only to be met with the sometimes confusing task of setting them up with our devices.
Rest assured, you’re not alone in this journey. This article aims to guide you through the process of pairing your Skullcandy Jib Wireless earbuds with your device, ensuring a seamless connection for uninterrupted listening pleasure.
Pairing Jib True Earbuds for the First Time:
- Place earbuds in the charging case without closing it.
- Ensure both LED indicators show red, then remove them.
- Earbuds will power on and their LEDs will flash blue as they sync.
- Once synced, a voice prompt will say “pairing” and only the left bud’s LED will flash red-blue.
- Turn on your device’s Bluetooth and select “Jib True” from the list.
- Accept any prompts on your device. Once paired, a voice prompt will confirm “connected”.
How to Manually Enter Pairing Mode:
While the Jib True earbuds automatically enter pairing mode during their first setup, there may be instances later on when you need to manually initiate pairing mode. This is especially useful if you switch between devices frequently or if the earbuds don’t automatically connect to your preferred device.
- Remove the earbuds from the case.
- Press each bud for four seconds to power them off.
- Next, press either bud for four seconds to enter pairing mode. A voice prompt will say “pairing”.
- Turn on your device’s Bluetooth.
- Select “Jib True” from your device’s list of available Bluetooth devices and accept any prompts that appear on your screen.
Pairing Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds to Various Devices
After entering pairing mode, you’ll need to access your device’s Bluetooth settings to connect with your earbuds. To assist you, we’ve compiled a guide below to help you navigate to the Bluetooth settings tailored to your specific device.
1. Pairing with iPhone (iOS):
- Step 1: Unlock your iPhone.
- Step 2: Navigate to “Settings.”
- Step 3: Tap on the “Bluetooth” option and ensure it’s turned on.
- Step 4: Under “Other Devices,” wait for your Skullcandy Jib Earbuds to appear.
- Step 5: Tap on the earbuds’ name to initiate pairing. Accept any “Pair” or “OK” prompts that appear.
2. Pairing with Android:
- Step 1: Unlock your Android device.
- Step 2: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step 3: Tap on “Connected devices” or “Bluetooth,” depending on your device.
- Step 4: Ensure Bluetooth is enabled and tap on “Pair new device.”
- Step 5: Select your Skullcandy Jib Earbuds from the list and confirm the pairing.
3. Pairing with MacBook:
- Step 1: Click on the Apple menu and select “System Preferences.”
- Step 2: Click on “Bluetooth.”
- Step 3: Ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Step 4: When your Skullcandy Jib Earbuds appear in the list, click “Connect” next to their name.
4. Pairing with PC (Windows):
- Step 1: Click on the Windows Start button.
- Step 2: Navigate to “Settings” > “Devices.”
- Step 3: Click on “Bluetooth & other devices” on the left sidebar and ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Step 4: Under “Add a device,” click on “Bluetooth.” When your Skullcandy Jib Earbuds appear in the list, click on them to start the pairing process.
Note: Always ensure your earbuds are in pairing mode and close to your device for a smooth pairing experience. Some Skullcandy Jib models may have slight variations in the pairing process. Always refer to your product manual for specifics.
Resetting Skullcandy Jib True When Facing Pairing Issues:
At times, even the best tech gadgets can encounter glitches or hiccups. If you’re facing difficulties pairing your earbuds, a reset might be necessary.
This section will walk you through the steps to reset your Skullcandy Jib True, allowing for a fresh start and a smooth pairing experience.
Remove the Earbuds from Paired Devices: Begin by navigating to your device’s Bluetooth settings and unpair or forget the “Jib True” from the list of paired devices.
- Turn Off the Earbuds: Press the main button on each bud for 4 seconds to turn them off.
- Initiate the Reset: Next, press the main button on each earbud for 10 seconds. You’ll first see the LED lights flash blue and, after a while, they will flash red, indicating that the reset is complete.
- Place Earbuds in Charging Case: Put each earbud back in the charging case until both LED indicators show red, and then remove them.
- Earbuds Will Automatically Turn On: After removal from the case, the earbuds will power on, and their LEDs will flash blue as they sync with each other. Once synced, you’ll hear the voice prompt “pairing,” and only the left bud’s LED will flash red-blue.
- Pair with Your Device: Turn on your device’s Bluetooth. Look for “Jib True” in your list of available Bluetooth devices. Select “Jib True” and accept any pair or OK prompts that appear on your screen. Upon successful pairing, a voice prompt will confirm “connected.”
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve most pairing issues with the Skullcandy Jib True earbuds. If you’re still experiencing pairing issues such as one earbud isn’t connecting refer to this guide.
Understanding The Controls
- Main Button (on both earbuds):
- Single Press: Play or pause music. Answer or end a call.
- Double Press (Right Bud): Increase volume.
- Double Press (Left Bud): Decrease volume.
- Press and Hold (Right Bud for 2 seconds): Skip to the next song.
- Press and Hold (Left Bud for 2 seconds): Play the previous song.
- Triple Press: Activate your device’s assistant (e.g., Siri or Google Assistant).
- Press and Hold (Either Bud for 4 seconds): Turn off the earbuds outside the case.
- LED Indicators:
- Solid Red: Charging.
- Flashing Blue: Earbuds are syncing.
- Red-Blue Flash (on left bud): Pairing mode.
- Flashing Red: Low battery warning.
Solo Mode: Using One Earbud at a Time
The Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds are equipped with a feature known as “Solo Mode.” This allows users to enjoy their audio using just one earbud while the other remains in the charging case. Whether you want to keep one ear free to listen to your surroundings or simply prefer using one bud, here’s how to utilize Solo Mode:
- Activating Solo Mode:
- Ensure both earbuds are on and connected to your device.
- Place the earbud you do not intend to use back into the charging case.
- The remaining earbud will stay paired to your device and will function normally for both music playback and phone calls.
- Switching Earbuds:
- If you want to switch which earbud you’re using, simply place the active one back in the case and remove the other. It will automatically connect and continue audio playback.
- Safety: Keeping one ear free can be beneficial in situations where you need to be aware of your surroundings, like when jogging on a busy street or commuting.
- Battery Conservation: Using one earbud at a time can extend the total listening time since one can charge while the other is in use.
- Convenience: Solo Mode is perfect for those moments when you’re multitasking and need to maintain conversations or be aware of ambient sounds.
By leveraging the Solo Mode feature of the Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds, you can enjoy flexibility in how you listen, ensuring that your audio experience fits seamlessly into a wide range of scenarios.
Safety and Maintenance Tips
Owning a pair of Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds not only offers a premium audio experience but also requires responsible handling and care. Here are some essential safety and maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures:
- Exposing the earbuds to very high or low temperatures can affect battery life and performance. Always store them in a moderate temperature environment.
- Clean Regularly:
- Use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe away any dirt or oils from the earbuds. Avoid using harsh chemicals or wet wipes.
- Ensure the ear tips are cleaned periodically to prevent wax build-up, which can affect sound quality.
- Protect from Moisture:
- While some Skullcandy Jib models might be sweat-resistant, it’s still advisable to keep them away from excessive moisture and rain.
- Dry the earbuds properly if they come into contact with moisture.
- Store Properly:
- When not in use, store the earbuds in their charging case to protect them from dust and accidental damage.
- Avoid wrapping the earbuds too tightly around objects, as this can strain the cables and potentially damage internal components.
- Listening Levels:
- Always be mindful of the volume at which you’re listening. Prolonged exposure to loud music can cause hearing damage. Start with a low volume and adjust as needed.
- It’s advisable to take breaks if you’re listening for an extended period.
- Battery Care:
- Charge the earbuds using the provided charging cable and avoid using chargers with incorrect specifications.
- It’s recommended to charge the battery fully at least once a month, even if not in regular use, to maintain battery health.
- Firmware Updates:
- Periodically check for firmware updates, if available. Updates might include enhanced features, bug fixes, and improvements.
By following these safety and maintenance tips, you can ensure a longer lifespan for your Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds and enjoy an optimal audio experience while prioritizing your well-being.