If you’ve got a new Chromecast device and you’re looking to install it on your Samsung TV then you’re in the right place. Today we’ll tell you how to install Chromecast on Samsung TV so that you can make the most of Google’s amazing streaming content. So, how can you install Chromecast on your Samsung TV?
The installation can be done in one of 3 ways: For Samsung Televisions with Chromecast built-in, we’ll just need to configure it. With models which have HDMI ports but no built-in Chromecast, we’ll need to install the hardware and access it with Google home. Finally, for sets with no HDMI port, we’ll simply need a few hardware components from your local electronics retailer to make your Samsung Chromecast-ready.
Today we’ll outline the steps for all 3 methods so that you can get Chromecast streaming on your Samsung TV today. Let’s get started so that you can see how it’s done!
Using the Built-in Chromecast on supported Samsung TV’s
Getting started with Chromecast on certain supported Samsung Smart Televisions is quick and easy. Just follow the steps which we have listed below and you should be up and running in no time flat! Here is what you need to do:
- Get SmartThings – SmartThings is an app that we’re going to need which will allow you to access and control supported devices. Download this app first and after you login, we should be ready for the next step.
- Set screensharing to ‘allow’ – From your user guide we should be able to select ‘ScreenView’. This will allow us to select the device we want to mirror.
- Setup your WIFI – Ensure that your Samsung Smart TV and your mobile device are connected to the same network before we proceed.
- Add your Samsung Smart TV – From the SmartThings app, we need to select ‘add’ and then to choose your Samsung TV. You might see a permission prompt on your TV asking if this is approved. Select to approve the connection and we may proceed to the next step.
- Mirror content through SmartView – Once you have connected, turn on the ‘SmartView’ option and this should allow for mirroring content.
Congratulations, you’ve just set up your Chromecast! Now, let’s take a look at how to install Chromecast on a TV with or without an HDMI port for those who do not have Chromecast built into their Samsung television set.
Setting up Chromecast on a Samsung TV with an HDMI Port
If you don’t have Chromecast built-in, that’s not a problem. We can install Chromecast by utilizing your HDMI port. If you have an HDMI port and wish to install your Chromecast, then just use the following easy steps:
- Plug in the power and the USB for your Chromecast so that it is ready to go and plug in the provided HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Samsung television.
- Next, download the Google Home app. This app will allow you to add and manage Google devices so we’ll need it for your Chromecast. Once it’s downloaded, let’s open it up.
- Select ‘Get Started’ or if you do not see this option available, simply select your profile icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- We want to select ‘New devices’ and after this, we will select the option listed as ‘Create another Home’
- Within a few moments, the app should display a listing for your Chromecast. This is going to match the one that is displayed on your Smart TV. The way that we can tell is a code that is going to pop up on the screen. If this matches the code on your app then we are ready to proceed.
- Select the ‘yes’ option to confirm the matching codes and select the location where you have your Chromecast on the list or if there are no existing listings, just give the location a name and we may proceed.
- You may be asked to provide your WIFI information and if so, go ahead and do this. Your Chromecast will typically begin updating at this time and you’ll need to wait until that is completed. You’ll see the room name that you created on your Television at this time and this confirms that the process is working.
- After the update, your Chromecast should restart and we should get a prompt to link Chromecast. Using your phone, select ‘Chromecast’ to link the service to your television.
We’re done! After this, when you wish to use your Chromecast, simply select to stream from your Google Home app and you may view Chromecast content to your heart’s content! Now let’s take a look at how to use a Chromecast on a television without the benefit of an HDMI port.
The good news is that it’s quite possible, but you’re going to need a few things from your local or online electronics retailer.
Setting up Chromecast on a Samsung TV without an HDMI port
If you have an older model Samsung TV and would like to use Chromecast then we can certainly still do that, but we are going to need to obtain a few useful components first in order to do that. You will need to obtain the following:
- A USB power adaptor
- An AV connection cable
- An HDMI to AV adaptor
Once you’ve got all 3 of these components then the setup is really quite easy. We simply need to hook up the hardware and then we can follow the standard mirror steps as if the TV had an HDMI port from the get-go.
Just use the following steps to connect the hardware and we’ll be ready to go. Here is what you need to do:
- Connect the AV cable to your Samsung television set by means of the designated open ports on the back or the side of your Samsung television (locations vary by model but this will typically be at the lower center in back).
- Plug in the other side of your AV cable to the HDMI to AV conversion adaptor.
- Next, simply plug your Chromecast device into the open port on your AV to HDMI adaptor and ensure that the power supply for your Chromecast is also plugged in and ready to go.
Now that we’ve got everything plugged in and powered on, we’ve essentially created a scenario where it’s just like your TV came with an HDMI port. All that you need to do now is to follow the steps which we have already outlined in the ‘Setting up Chromecast on a Samsung TV with an HDMI Port’ section.
Follow each step exactly how we have listed them and your non-HDMI model Samsung TV should now be capable or mirroring content to your Chromecast! Just remember that you will need to use Google Home to initiate the streaming whenever you want to view Chromecast content.
With your new AV cable and your AV to HDMI adaptor, your Chromecast should work like a charm!
In closing: You should now be ready to use your Chromecast
Today we’ve talked about installing Chromecast to your Samsung television and as you can see, where there’s a will there is definitely a way. Whether Chromecast comes standard on your Samsung or not, the steps we’ve provided today should get you up and running and enjoying your Chromecast in record time.
So, what are you waiting for? Just follow our steps and we hope that you love your new Chromecast experience!