Super Mario Odyssey is one of the most popular and beloved games on the Nintendo Switch. It takes players on a journey through various worlds, each with its own unique challenges and obstacles.
One of the most common questions that players have about Super Mario Odyssey is how many worlds are in the game. In this article, we’ll explore this question in detail and provide you with all the information you need to know about the different worlds in Super Mario Odyssey.
We’ll also discuss the significance of each world in the game, the bosses in each world, the importance of Power Moons, and much more. So, if you’re a fan of Super Mario Odyssey or just curious about the game, read on to discover everything you need to know about how many worlds are in Super Mario Odyssey.
How many worlds are in Super Mario Odyssey?
There are a total of 17 worlds in Super Mario Odyssey. Each world is unique and offers different challenges and obstacles for Mario to overcome. Some worlds are small and can be completed quickly, while others are much larger and take more time to explore fully.
World names and descriptions:
1. Cascade Kingdom – A prehistoric-themed world with waterfalls and dinosaurs
2. Sand Kingdom – A desert-themed world with pyramids and ruins.
3. Lake Kingdom – An underwater world with a giant octopus boss.
4. Wooded Kingdom – A forest-themed world with giant robots and steam-powered machinery.
5. Cloud Kingdom – A small, cloud-themed world with a boss battle against Bowser
6. Lost Kingdom – A jungle-themed world with ancient ruins and a T-rex boss.
7. Metro Kingdom – A city-themed world with skyscrapers and a giant robot boss.
8. Seaside Kingdom – A beach-themed world with a boss battle against a giant octopus.
9. Snow Kingdom – A winter-themed world with snow and ice-covered landscapes and a dragon boss.
10. Luncheon Kingdom – A food-themed world with boiling lava and a boss battle against a giant bird.
11. Ruined Kingdom – A castle-themed world with a boss battle against a dragon.
12. Bowser’s Kingdom – A samurai-themed world with a Japanese castle and a boss battle against Bowser.
13. Moon Kingdom – A space-themed world with low gravity and a boss battle against Bowser.
14. Mushroom Kingdom – A throwback to the classic Super Mario games with familiar landscapes and a boss battle against Bowser.
15. Dark Side – A challenging bonus level with remixed versions of previous boss battles.
16. Darker Side – An even more challenging bonus level with remixed versions of previous boss battles.
17. Cap Kingdom – A small, hat-themed world that serves as the game’s tutorial.
How to unlock new worlds
To unlock new worlds in Super Mario Odyssey, you need to collect Power Moons. Power Moons are scattered throughout each world and can be obtained by completing objectives, defeating bosses, or simply exploring the environment. You need a certain number of Power Moons to unlock each new world, with the later worlds requiring more Power Moons than the earlier ones.
The significance of each world in the game
Each world in Super Mario Odyssey has its own significance in the game. They all offer unique challenges and obstacles that need to be overcome in order to progress further in the game. Some worlds also have their own storylines, characters, and bosses, which adds to the overall experience of the game.
Bosses in each world
Each world in Super Mario Odyssey has its own boss that needs to be defeated in order to progress further in the game. The bosses are all unique and offer different challenges and obstacles for Mario to overcome. Some of the bosses are also quite creative and memorable, such as the T-rex boss in the Lost Kingdom and the giant bird boss in the Luncheon Kingdom.
Power Moons and their importance
Power Moons are a crucial part of Super Mario Odyssey. They are used to unlock new worlds, and they also help Mario power up his ship, the Odyssey. Power Moons are scattered throughout each world, and there are usually multiple ways to obtain them. Some Power Moons require Mario to complete objectives, while others require him to solve puzzles or defeat bosses.
The role of Cappy in Super Mario Odyssey
Cappy is Mario’s hat and one of the main characters in Super Mario Odyssey. Cappy has the ability to possess objects and enemies, allowing Mario to use their abilities to solve puzzles and defeat bosses. Cappy is also used to capture Power Moons, which is necessary to unlock new worlds in the game.
What makes Super Mario Odyssey a great game?
Super Mario Odyssey is widely regarded as one of the best games on the Nintendo Switch, and for good reason. The game offers a perfect balance of platforming, exploration, and puzzle-solving. The graphics and sound design are also top-notch, and the game is full of creativity and surprises. It’s a game that can be enjoyed by gamers of all ages and skill levels.
Who is Super Mario Odyssey best suited for?
Super Mario Odyssey is a game that is suitable for all ages and skill levels. It’s a game that can be enjoyed by both casual and hardcore gamers alike. The game is easy to pick up and play, but it also offers plenty of challenges for those who want to push themselves further.
- How long does it take to beat Super Mario Odyssey?
- It typically takes around 10-15 hours to beat the main story, but there are many more Power Moons to collect and worlds to explore, which can take much longer.
- Is Super Mario Odyssey a difficult game?
- to players of all skill levels. The early worlds in the game are relatively easy, allowing players to get used to the game’s mechanics and controls. As the game progresses, the levels become more challenging, but they are never too difficult that players can’t progress. The game also offers assistance in the form of checkpoints, power-ups, and hints, which can be helpful for players who are struggling with a particular level.