Installing a new television can open up an entire world of possibilities and experiences, especially as screens become larger and more affordable every year. If you are thinking of purchasing a 65-inch TV, you may be wondering how big the box is for shipping and storage purposes.
While the size of the box of a 65-inch TV may vary slightly, most 65-inch TV boxes will measure around 60-65″ in width, between 35″ and 38″ in height, & around 7 “in depth, as televisions that are 65-inch TVs are measured diagonally.
In this instance, televisions marketed as 65-inch TVs are typically closer to 59.39″-60″ in total with regard to the width of the TV itself.
Are all TV boxes the same size?
No, TV box sizes will vary based on the size of the television screen inside. Most TV boxes for larger TVs, such as 65-inch TVs, will measure 60-65″ in width, between 35″ and 38″ in height, & around 7 “in depth.
Let’s take the Samsung – 65″ Class 7 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV as an example; the TV dimensions are 32.7 inches (Hieght)x 57.1 inches (Width) 2.4 inches (Depth) without the stand. As for its box’s dimensions, it’s 37.9 inches (Height)x 63.2 inches (Width)x 7 Inches (Depth).
Will a 65-inch TV box fit inside of my car?
In most cases, it will be possible to transport a 65-inch TV and its box in any vehicle with adequate storage on the road today. Bringing the right vehicle with you to help transport a 65-inch TV is highly advisable to avoid finding yourself stuck with a box that will not fit inside of your car or truck.
Most SUVs and standard sedan cars can fit up to 43″ televisions in the rear seat without problems. However, if your seats recline or if you have additional storage or travel space inside of your vehicle, you may have the ability to place and transport a 65-inch TV, depending on the length, width, and height of the current box of the screen itself.
What is typically included in a TV box?
A TV box with a 65-inch flatscreen will include more than just your television screen itself. Your TV box will likely also include some of the following materials:
- Packaging peanuts
- Packing tape
- Plastic wrap
Can you lay a 65-inch TV box flat while transporting the TV?
Whenever you are transporting a flat-screen TV, including 65-inch television of any brand, it is not advisable to lay your TV box flat while transporting it. Even if you believe this is the safest route, it is always recommended to keep your television screen and box in an upright position while transporting or moving it to a new location, even if you intend to keep the screen as still as possible.
How tall is a standard 65-inch television?
A standard 65-inch television will typically measure between 35″ and 38″, depending on the make and model of television you are using.
What is the best way to transport a 65-inch TV and box?
After purchasing a brand new 65-inch television, you will need to transport the TV to your home or the location in which you intend to use it. The best way to transport any flatscreen television, especially a 65-inch TV, is to do so with the screen in an upright position. When attempting to move or transport a 65-inch TV, keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep the 65-inch television box upright and in a proper position at all times.
- Stand close to the box and television when attempting to pick it up and move it.
- Request assistance to transport the box, especially if the box is wider than the width of your own arms.
- Grasp the bottom corners of the TV box to avoid dropping the television, which can result in a loss of the screen or its functionality altogether.
- Wrap the TV box with a blanket, pillows, and other protective barriers if you intend to transport the box in a moving vehicle to its final destination.
Is it important to keep the box for my television?
In some cases, you may want to retain the box that your television came in, especially when purchasing a large or oversized TV or flatscreen device. A large box can be helpful in the event that you would like to return your television.
Additionally, keeping the original box and packaging can also help to add value to the overall resale value of the screen if you choose to resell it to someone else in the near future.
How can I transport my 65-inch TV and box to a new location?
Whenever you are thinking of moving your 65-inch TV, having the original box and packaging can come in handy. Packaging your TV into the original box will help to save time while ensuring that your television is in a space that is designed for it. When transporting your TV to a new location without the original box, keep these tips in mind:
- Search for a box with a similar width, height, and length for your television. If you cannot find one, you may have the ability to wrap your TV screen in blankets, pillows, and other forms of padding.
- Always ensure that your television is tightly wrapped with blankets, foam, bubble wrap, or at least one additional layer of protection before you begin moving it from one location to the next.
- Place your television in a vehicle or a moving truck in a location where it is wedged in, but not being damaged or touched by other items you own. Use a larger blanket to prevent your television from becoming scratched and/or damaged while you are in the process of moving and transporting it.
Can I store my 65-inch television and box lying down?
While it is, of course, possible to store your 65-inch TV and its original box lying down, it is not recommended. Laying any LCD or flatscreen TV on its back for an extended period of time can ultimately lead to screen distortion as well as unwanted cracks.
If you want to avoid potential issues with your large TV over time, the best way to do so is to store it in its original upright position. Always store your TV screens upright and with the use of protection such as bubble wrap, foam, or even blankets of your own.