LG’s magic remote is a great addition to anyone’s setup if you have several systems you’d like to control with one remote control. In addition, it’s designed to be incredibly efficient and easy to use with features like voice assist, scroll functionality, and its simple pointer feature.
However, like all devices, it can run into technical issues; a great fix for that is typically resetting your remote. Here’s a complete guide on how to reset your remote, other solutions for a remote that’s not working, as well as how to correctly set up your Magic remote to your devices. Let’s dive in!
How To Reset LG Magic Remote
- Press and hold the HOME & BACK button at the same time for 5 seconds.
- Your remote’s LED will flash, indicating that your remote is successfully reset.
- Now re-pair your device back to your TV by pointing your remote to your TV & pressing the wheel (OK) button.
Magic Remote Not Working? (Other fixes)
If you’re having technical issues with your Magic remote, then chances are resetting them should do the trick. However, in some cases, you may need to try a different method. Let’s take a look!
The first thing you would want to do if your remote doesn’t work at all is to replace the batteries. Although this seems obvious, this is usually the cause of the issue in most cases.
Ensure Sensors aren’t Blocked
The magic remote relies on Infrared for the Power on/off button and the channel navigation buttons; if the sensors are blocked, your remote won’t be able to complete those functions. The sensors are usually located on the bottom right corner of your TV.
Unplug your TV
In some cases, this can be an issue from your TV’s end, not the remote; try unplugging your TV and removing your remote’ batteries & wait for a few seconds before plugging everything back in.
Magic Remote Cursor Not Working?
If you notice your remote working just fine, but you’re just having problems seeing your cursor, then it’s highly likely that you activated the “Audio Guidance” function. When the Audio Guidance function is on, the cursor is disabled by default. Disabling it is quite simple:
- on your remote, go to Settings
- Scroll down to Accessibility
- Select Audio Guidance & Toggle off
And that’s it! Your cursor should now be displaying.
How To Connect Other Devices To Your Magic Remote
The Magic Remote can pair to several of your devices, offering an easy & efficient way to manage all your devices. This includes your high-definition cable, Sattelite set-top box, your soundbar, as well as your home theater system.
Here’s how to connect your device to the Magic Remote:
- Press the Home button on your magic remote.
- Scroll to the right until you find “Device Connector” and select it.
- Click on the device you want to connect from the list. (Blue-ray, Sound Bar…etc.)
- Select the input your device is connected to. (HDMI2, HDMI3…etc.)
- Select your device manufacturer.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your device.
And that’s it! You will be able to connect your Magic remote to several compatible devices for better management and simple controls.
Can You Use LG TV Without a Remote?
You will be able to control your LG TV without the remote by using LG’s ThinQ app. Simply install the app on your phone, set up your device to your ThinQ app under the appliance section, then simply follow along with the instructions provided on the app.
How to Cast Your Phone To Your LG TV
For iPhone Users
- Ensure both your TV and your Phone is connected to the same Wifi Network.
- Open the video you would like to screen share.
- Click on the Airplay button located at the bottom of the video. (Alternatively, you can simply swipe down on your iPhone and select Screen Mirror).
- Select your LG TV as a device you’d like to mirror to.
For Android Users:
- Swipe down on your Android phone & select Cast. (Alternatively, you can go to Settings -> Display -> Cast).
- On your remote, click on the Cable icon.
- Scroll down and select Screen Share.
- On your phone, select your LG TV from the cast device list.
And that’s it! Your phone should now be cast to your LG TV.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3