If you’ve recently gotten yourself a new pair of Skullcandy earbuds, then your probably wondering how it works. Since True wireless earbuds operate differently from over-the-ear wireless headphones, the first thing you’re going to need to know is how to charge your device. The process is quite simple; let’s walk you through it.
How To Charge Skullcandy Earbuds
There are two things you will need to charge, the earbuds themselves & the case. The earbuds can only be charged by placing them in the case. Once placed in the case, the earbuds LED’s will turn a solid red, indicating your earbuds are charging; once your earbuds are fully charged, they will automatically stop charging, and the LED light will turn off.
As for the case, it can be charged in two different ways; the first is by plugging in the provided micro-USB charging cable into a PC or power outlet, then plug it into the charging port located in the back of the case.
The second way you can charge your Skullcandy case is via a wireless charger note that a wireless charger will generally charge much slower than using a charging cable; this is often due to heat management when it comes to wireless charging.
To check the battery on your Skullcandy case, all you would need to do is press on the button on the front of the case; this will display 4 LED lights, if all four lights display, this means your case is at 100%, three lights indicate your case is at 75%, two lights indicate 50%, and one light indicates 25% battery is left on your device.
(Skip to 2:06 for video demonstration)
How long do Skullcandy wireless earbuds take to charge?
Each Skullcandy product has their own unique features & elements and therefore have different charge times & battery life. So we compiled this list of every current Skullcandy earbuds so you can take a look t how you should expect to charge your earbuds & case, as well as the battery life for both devices. You can check out our complete guide here.
|Earbuds Name||How Long To Charge Earbuds to 100%||How Long To Charge Case to 100%||How Long Does Earbuds Last||How Long Does The Case Last|
|1 hour||1 hour||6 hours||16 hours|
|Sesh® Evo True|
|1 hour||2 hours||5 hours||19 hours|
|Grind Fuel True Wireless||45 minutes||2 hours||9 hours||31 hours|
|Indy ANC Noise Canceling||2 hours||2 hours||5 hours with ANC turned on/ 9 hours with ANC turned off||14 hours ANC turned on/ 23 hours ANC turned off|
|Dime True Wireless Earbuds||1 hour||5 hours||3.5 hours||8.5 hours|
|Indy Fuel||1 hour||2 hour||6 hours||24 hours|
|Push Ultra True Wireless||1 hour||2 hours||6 hours||34 hours|
|Indy Evo||1 hour||2 hours||6 hours||24 hours|
How to pair Skullcandy earbuds
- Place your Earbuds in the Charging Case (Both earbuds LED light should turn red) & close the case
- Remove your earbuds from the case
- This will put your earbuds in pairing mode
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth list and select your Skullcandy wireless earbuds.
- Your earbuds should now be paired to your device.
You can check out our detailed guide here.
Skullcandy earbud only one working?
- Ensure both earbuds are placed in the charging case.
- “forget your earbuds” from your Bluetooth device list (on your phone, tablet, smartwatch..etc)
- Turn off Bluetooth on your device.
- Remove only your left earbuds from the case.
- Tap the center of the earbuds until a red light appears on your earbud (a red light should typically appear in four taps)
- Place the earbud back in the case.
- Repeat the exact same steps with the right earbud.
- Remove both earbuds from the case & place them in your ear (Note: it’s crucial that you place the earbuds in your ear when removing them from the case in order to pair with each other).
- Your earbuds will then beep to indicate that the earbuds are paired together.
- A voice prompt will then appear to state, “your device is now pairing” this indicates that your earbuds are searching for your device.
- Turn your device’s Bluetooth back on (on your phone, tablet, smartwatch..etc.)
- Select your earbuds on your device’s Bluetooth list to pair your device.
Check out our full guide on fixing syncing issues here.
How to use skullcandy earbuds
Now that you know how to charge your earbuds, you’re probably ready to start using them and explore all their features.
Let’s start with one of the most valuable elements that are your earbuds shortcut button functions.
- Tap & hold left earbud for 5 seconds -> power off your earbuds
- Tap either earbd once -> Pause/Play
- Double tap right earbud -> Increase Volume
- Double tap left earbud -> reduce volume
- Press & hold right earbud for 3 seconds -> Track forward
- Press & hold left earbud for 3 seconds -> Track back
- Tap either earbud once during a call -> answer/ end call
- Tap either earbud 3 times -> Activate voice assistant