There is no better feeling than listening to some good tunes while takes a shower. If you just got your new Galaxy buds or are considering buying one then your probably wondering whether or not you can use them in the shower.
Samsung Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Plus, Galaxy Buds Live, cannot be used in the shower, since they only have an IPX2 rating which can only endure small drops of water vertically. The Galaxy Buds Pro, however, can handle the water pressure, since it has an IPX7 rating but it is still susceptible to damage from heat & bathing products.
Let’s take a look at the Samsung Galaxy buds IPX ratings in more detail as well as its effectiveness in the shower.
can you wear galaxy buds in the shower?
The Samsung Galaxy Pro is the only Samsung Buds that can be used in the shower as it is the only Galaxy buds that have the capacity to endure a substantial amount of water, as it features an IPX7 rating.
However, although the Galaxy Buds Pro can handle the water, it won’t be able to handle bathing products such as soap, shampoo as well as steam from the shower if it’s hot enough. Samsung recommends that you don’t shower with your Galaxy Pro’s, they claim that if used in conditions inconsistent with the IPX7 standard your Galaxy Buds Pro can get damaged.
An IPX rating is a score that determines the level of protection a device has against water.
An IPX7 protects against water immersion for 30 minutes in up to 1 meter of water. So, if your showers meet these conditions then showering with your Galaxy Buds Pro shouldn’t be an issue as long as you don’t expose them to chemicals from bathing products or excessive heat.
Whereas the Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Plus, & Galaxy Buds live cant be used in the shower whatsoever since they only feature an IPX2 rating.
An IPX2 rating only protects your device against drops of water when tilted 15 degrees vertically.
Can You Workout With The Galaxy Buds?
When it comes to the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro you don’t need to worry about them getting damaged from sweat whatsoever when working out, so the more sweat the better.
However, as for the Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Plus, & Galaxy Buds live they can handle a bit of sweat, however, Samsung recommends that in order to maintain their longevity you should avoid exposing them to sweat & if they do get exposed to sweat you should dry them off immediately.
So if you tend to sweat a lot during your workouts the Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Plus, & Galaxy Buds live may not be the best option. Although it may handle the sweat now if exposed enough times it can diminish the longevity of your device.
Caring For Your Galaxy Buds
If your Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Plus, or Galaxy Buds live does get exposed to water, sweat, or rain. Samsung recommends that you:
- clean them immediately, then proceed to dry off the earbuds, by patting the earpiece, microphone, touchpad, touch sensor, and charging contacts with a clean, soft cloth.
- Samsung recommends that you also shake the earbuds to help remove excess water.
- Do not use them for at least 12 hours or an entire day after drying.
- Samsung recommends that you request service if the earbuds do not work after removing all the water within the earbuds and after they have neem drying for more than one day.
As for the Galaxy Buds Pro, Samsung recommends that you should:
- Avoid Exposing your device to liquids that are not clean water
- Avoid immersing the devices in freshwater deeper than 1 m or keep them submerged for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not put the devices into a washing machine or drying machine
- The case is not water nor sweat resistant, so avoid exposure to water or sweat
1. Are the Galaxy Buds Case Water or Sweat Resistant?
No the Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Plus, Galaxy Buds live, & Galaxy Buds Pro do not feature sweat or waterproof cases. Nor are the cases sweat or water-resistant. Meaning if you do workout with your Galaxy Buds you should immediately dry them off.
2. can you sleep with Samsung Galaxy Buds?
Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Buds are safe to use when you sleep, since it features an in-ear design, wireless capabilities as well as adjustable tips.
So there you have it, when it comes to showering in your Samsung buds the Galaxy buds Pro is the way to go. Its IPX7 protection against water allows it to handle the water from showering but you will still need to avoid exposing them to bathing products such as soaps, shampoos..etc. However, as for the Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Plus, & Galaxy Buds live they are unsuitable to shower in since they only have an IPX2 rating meaning they can only handle drops of water when tilted at a 15-degree angle.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3