Star Wars is one of the most legendary franchises ever made, and not just because of the groundbreaking original trilogy. It has exploded into a multi-billion dollar franchise, covering multiple media, including television, comics, novels, and, of course, video games. The Star Wars video games have varying levels of quality, with some being stinkers and others being truly great. One of the best ones, at least in recent years, has been Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which you can play on a variety of consoles, including PCs. But can you play it on a PC using a PlayStation 5 controller? And if so, how?
How to Play Jedi: Fallen Order with PS5 controller On Your PC
To use a PS5 controller with Jedi: Fallen Order on your PC, you’ll first need to connect your controller to your PC. The next step involves configuring Steam to allow access to your PlayStation controller. If you don’t want to use Steam, an alternative method would be to use DS4Windows. Let’s walk you through the whole process.
Step 1: Connect PS5 Controller to Your PC
You have two options two connect your PS5 controller to your PC. The first involves using a wired connection, and the second involves using Bluetooth.
(Option 1) Connect your PS5 controller to your PC via a wired connection:
The first method is to connect the controller using a USB-A to USB-C cable.
To do this, simply plug the USB-A end of the cable into your PC’s USB port and the USB-C end into your PS5 controller’s USB-C port.
(Option 2) Connect your PS5 controller to your PC via Bluetooth:
If your controller is paired to your PS5 console, you’ll first need to unpair it. Here’s how:
- On your PS5 Home page, select Settings.
- Click on Accessories.
- On the General Tab, select Bluetooth Accessories.
- Click on your PS5 controller.
And select Delete.
Now to connect your controller to your PC:
- Type Bluetooth on the search bar.
- Select Bluetooth and other devices settings.
- If you do not see a Bluetooth toggle bar, then your PC most likely doesn’t have Bluetooth functionality, and you’ll need a Bluetooth adapter to connect to your PS5 controller via Bluetooth.
- If you do see a Bluetooth toggle button ensure that it’s enabled.
- Place your PS5 controller in pairing mode by pressing and holding the PS button and Custom button simultaneously for around 6 seconds, the controller should begin to flash blue, indicating that it’s in pairing mode.
- Now on the Bluetooth and other devices Settings, select Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select your Wireless controller from the list.
- Your PS5 controller’s lightbar will then maintain a solid color indicating that it is now paired to your PC.
Not all PCs have Bluetooth functionality. The only way to make it work otherwise is to purchase a Bluetooth adapter, which can be plugged into a USB port. This will give your PC the same capabilities as a computer with built-in Bluetooth.
Step 2 (Option one): Enable PS5 Configuration on Steam
If you’re playing Jedi fallen order on Steam, then you’ll need to enable PlayStation configuration support.
Additionally, If you use a different platform, for example, Epic Games, you can add the Epic Games launcher to your steam library, and it should add PS5 controller compatibility to your selected game. To do this, on the Steam menu, select Games >Add a non-Steam game to my library > select your Game or third-party launcher.
To enable PlayStation configuration support:
- Open Steam and select Steam in the top-left corner of the Steam screen and then select Settings.
- Click on the Controller tab, and then select the General Controller Settings menu.
- It will list the PS5 controller as a detected controller. Next, check PlayStation Configuration Support to enable it.
Your controller should now be enabled on Steam.
If you prefer, you can also manually assign buttons to your DualSense controller. To do this, simply navigate to Steam> Settings > Desktop Configuration.
Step 2 (Option Two): Use the PS5 controller using DS4Windows
If you don’t want to use Steam, an alternative option would be to use DS4Windows.
DS4Windows is a popular solution to allow the PS3, PS4, and PS5 controllers to be efficiently used to control a variety of games on your PC. DS4Windows is a pretty straightforward program to set up, although it can only be used in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Download DS4Windows.
- Extract all the files from the Zip folder.
- Now simply open the DS4Windows.exe file from the DS4Windows folder.
- You will then be asked to save the profile. Choose “Program Folder” if you prefer to save the profile on a USB, or choose “Appdata” if you prefer a full install on your PC.
- A window will pop up presenting you with “Welcome to DS4Windows”, select Step 1: Install ViGEmBus Driver”.
- Now run DS4Windows.exe once again.
- Connect your PS5 DualSense controller either via USB or Bluetooth.
- And you’re ready to start playing.
You may also have to update drivers for DS4Windows, at least for first-time setup. Assuming your controller is connected to the PC using Bluetooth or USB, it will show up on DS4Windows. When using the PS5 controller with Jedi: Fallen Order, make sure that DS4Windows is open. This program can also be used to modify certain aspects of the PS5 controller.
Can you use a PS3 or PS4 controller to play Jedi: Fallen Order on PC?
If you have a PS3 or PS4 controller, you may want to use one of these while playing Jedi: Fallen Order. The PS4 controller is an easy thing to use with Jedi: Fallen Order (well, about as easy as the PS5 controller anyway), so if you do not have a PS5 controller or prefer the PS4 controller, this is a valid option. A PS3 controller may be more difficult to get set up with Jedi: Fallen Order, particularly because it was made a generation before Jedi: Fallen Order. However, people have managed to make it work, at least to some extent, though it is not a recommended method of controlling the game.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3