The Oculus Quest 2 is one of the most popular VR headsets available on the market. While you don’t need a powerful PC or gaming console to take full advantage of this standalone headset, you’ll need a compatible Android or iOS smartphone to set up and use some of its features. Fortunately, pairing your smartphone with your Oculus Quest 2 is easier than you think.
We know you can’t wait to enjoy the amazing VR experience that comes with the Oculus Quest 2, but before you dive into the latest VR games, there are a few things you’ll need to do first. With the following steps, you’ll be ready to slash your way through Beat Saber in no time.
Pairing Your Oculus Quest 2 to Your Phone
You’ll need a compatible smartphone running Android 5.0+ or iOS 10+, along with a Facebook account and the Oculus app on your smartphone. Once you have the app installed, you can connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your phone via Bluetooth.
Installing the Oculus App
Before you can pair your phone to your Oculus Quest 2 headset, you’ll need to download the Oculus app. This app not only lets you customize your Oculus Quest 2 settings and manage your VR apps, but you can also buy, download and install VR apps remotely. You’ll need this app to set up your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
Just follow these simple steps to install the app on your phone:
- Download and install the “Oculus” app on your phone. You can find the app on Google Play or the App Store.
- Once you’ve installed the Oculus app to your phone, open it and sign in using your Facebook account. If you don’t have a Facebook account, then you’ll need to make one by tapping “create new account” and following the instructions on the next screen.
Once you’ve done all of these steps, you’re ready to pair your phone with your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
Pairing with the Oculus Quest 2 Headset
Before you get started, make sure your Oculus Quest 2 headset is fully charged and turned on. Not only should your phone have its Bluetooth feature enabled, but you’ll also want it and your Quest 2 headset connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Keep the VR headset close to your phone, so you’ll have the best Bluetooth connection possible.
- Next, open the Oculus app and tap “Devices”.
- And then tap the Oculus Quest 2 headset you’re using.
- At this point, your headset should pair automatically with your phone. Do not close the app or turn off the VR headset during the pairing process.
What If My Phone Doesn’t Pair Automatically?
If your phone doesn’t pair automatically with your Oculus Quest 2 headset, then you’ll need to pair it manually using the pairing code displayed in your VR headset. Strap on your headset and read the 5-digit code shown in the lower right corner of the display. You’ll need to enter this code into the Oculus app on your phone in order to complete the pairing process.
If you’re still having trouble pairing your Oculus Quest 2 to your phone, make sure you’ve entered the 5-digit code correctly. If the code itself isn’t showing up on your VR headset, then you’ll need to do the following:
- Turn off and restart your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- Turn off and restart your phone.
- Make sure you have the Bluetooth and Location features enabled on your phone.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app on your phone.
If your VR headset shows the home environment, then it’s already paired with your current phone.
What If I’m Using a Tablet?
Good news! The process for pairing your Oculus Quest 2 to your tablet is the same as pairing it to your phone. Just make sure your tablet is running Android 5.0+ or iOS 10+ before installing the Oculus app. Your tablet also needs Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capability to successfully connect to your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
What If I Want to Pair it with a Different Phone?
The Oculus app lets you pair your Oculus Quest 2 headset with multiple smartphones as long as the phone in question has the app installed. Simply download the Oculus app on the phone or tablet you want to pair with the VR headset and log into your account.
The Oculus Quest 2 also features multi-user support that lets you share your VR headset with three other accounts. From your VR headset, go into the universal menu and select “Settings,” and then select the “Experimental Features” tab. From there, scroll down to the “Multiple Accounts and Library Sharing” setting and toggle it on.
Go back to “Settings” and select the “Accounts” tab. From there, you can connect up to three other logins to your Oculus Quest 2. Activating the “App Sharing” feature will let your connected accounts access your paid apps library. Keep in mind that this feature won’t mess with your existing saved games, stats, or any other personal data.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3