If you recently purchased a brand-new Blink camera or an Echo Show device then we know you can’t wait to connect the two together & view your Blink camera on your Echo Show device.
Connecting your Blink camera to your Echo device can be done in a matter of minutes, you will also be able to set up a routine for your Blink camera to automatically display on your Echo Show screen when it detects motion. Let’s begin with the setup process!
How To Connect Blink to Echo Show
- Open the Alexa App on your phone and locate the “Devices” tab located on the bottom of your screen
- Click on the + symbol locater on the top right corner of your screen then select Add Device
- Scroll down to camera & select Blink, once selected simply follow the instructions & select continue
- Next, enable the Blink smart home skill & simply log in with your username & password
- now your blink account will be linked with your Alexa account
- Tap on discover devices, select the device you would like to setup
That’s it! you will now be able to view your Blink cameras on your echo show device. To view your camera simply say “Alexa, show me (Camera Name)”, to exit cam view on your Echo show simply say “Alexa, hide my (Camera Name). For more commands have a look at Blink’s official page.
How To Automatically View Blink Cameras on Echo Show When Motion is Detected
In order for your Echo Show to automatically display your Blink camera on your device when motion s detected you will need to create a routine. To do this simply:
- Open your Alexa App & select “More” located on the bottom right corner
- then select routine
- Name your routine
- Once you named your routine click on “Next” and proceed to the “When this happens” tab
- Select “Smart Home”
- Select your Blink camera
- If you would like Alexa to make an announcement when it detects motion then simply click on Add action > Alexa Says > you can type in whatever you would like your Echo show device to announce to you when motion is detected
- then simply pick your device you would like to get notified on in this case it will be the Echo Show
- Then simply add a new action > Customize action > When Blink detects motion > name your routine
That’s it! your Echo Show should now automatically display your Blink camera when motion is detected.
Can You Talk to Blink Camera Through Echo Show?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to talk to your Blink camera through your Echo Show device. Blink states that the devices only feature listen-only audio.
1. Do Blink cameras require a subscription?
You will only need a subscription if you opt for cloud storage. However, with the Blink Sync Module 2, you will be able to use local storage instead of cloud storage & will not need a subscription
2. Do Blink cameras need wifi?
Yes, Blink cameras require a Wifi connection in order to send images & notifications. The cameras will not be able to function offline and require a 2.4 GHz Wifi connection. Blink cameras minimally require a high-speed connection of at least 2 Mbps upload speed.
3. Does Blink camera record all the time?
No, Blink cameras only begin recording when motion is detected. The camera will, however, always be streaming live allowing you to check up on your camera occasionally but the camera will only record video when motion is picked up.
4. Do Blink cameras have audio?
Yes, blink cameras do have audio so you will be able to hear what the cameras pick up.
5. Do Blink cameras have night vision?
Yes, Blink cameras are equipped with inferred night vision allowing you to see clearly at night.
So there you have it, connecting your Blink camera to your Echo Show device is quite simple and can be done in a matter of minutes. Simply install & setup, enable the Blink skill on your Alexa app, link your blink account to your Alexa app, and your good to go!