One of the benefits of owning a pair of wireless headphones is for the immersive listening experience, especially if your headphones are equipped with Active Noise Cancellation features.
Now coupling that off with an HD TV can provide a unique viewing experience. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to connect your Sony headphones to your Samsung TV and get it up and running in a matter of minutes.
We’ll also explain how to connect your Sony headphones to a Samsung TV that’s not equipped with Bluetooth, as well as how to easily solve pairing issues. Let’s dive in!
CHECK IF YOUR SAMSUNG TV SUPPORTS BLUETOOTH
Not all Samsung TVs are equipped with Bluetooth functionality, so the first thing you’re going to want to do is to check whether or not your TV supports Bluetooth audio devices.
The quickest way to figure this out is if your TV came with a smart remote; if so, then your TV is equipped with Bluetooth. If your TV did not come with a smart remote, you still might have Bluetooth. Here’s how to check:
Go to Settings -> Sound -> Sound Output. If the Bluetooth speaker List displays on your screen, then your TV does support Bluetooth.
If your TV doesn’t support Bluetooth capabilities, then don’t worry; we will show you a quick workaround to how you can still get it to pair to your TV.
HOW TO CONNECT SONY HEADPHONES TO SAMSUNG TV
- Enter pairing mode on your Sony headphones. (for WH-1000mx models, Press and hold the power button for 7 seconds to enter pairing mode).
- Next, on your Samsung TV, locate your TV’s Bluetooth list. This differs slightly depending on what Samsung TV you have:
- SAMSUNG (R, N, and M models): Home > Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List
- SAMSUNG (K models): Home > Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Wireless Speaker Manager > Bluetooth Audio Devices
- SAMSUNG (J models) – MENU > Sound > Additional Settings > Bluetooth Audio
- SAMSUNG (H models) MENU > Sound > Speaker Settings > TV Sound Output > Bluetooth Headphone
Next, select your Sony headphones from the list and connect. That’s it! Your device should now be connected.
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR SONY HEADPHONES TO A SAMSUNG TV THAT DOESN’T HAVE BLUETOOTH
If your TV doesn’t support Bluetooth audio devices, then you will still be able to connect your headphones to your TV, but you will need a Bluetooth adapter.
A Bluetooth adapter plugs into your TV via a 3.5 mm audio port or left/right AUX port, depending on what Bluetooth adapter you get.
Firstly you want to ensure your TV is equipped with the connection port required by your Bluetooth adapter.
To connect your Sony headphones to your TV via Bluetooth adapter, all you would need to do is plug in the adapter to your TV, place both your adapter & your Sony headphones on pairing mode. Once both devices are on pairing mode, they will automatically connect to each other.
SONY HEADPHONES NOT PAIRING TO YOUR TV?
“Forget” Your Headphones From Your Device’s Bluetooth List
The most common reason Bluetooth headphones in general experience pairing issues is because your Headphones may be trying to pair with a previously connected device. Sometimes simply “forgetting” your Sony headphones from your Bluetooth list is enough o solve the issue.
Establish Proper Distance When pairing
When pairing, ensure your Samsung TV & Sony headphones are within 1 m (3 feet) from one another. An object on the way of your headphones & TV can negatively impact the pairing process.
Reset Your Headphones
Turn off your headphones & ensure it’s not connected to the charging cable. Press & hold the Power button and the NC/Ambient button simultaneously for 7 seconds.
Your headphones LED should flash blue four times, indicating reset was successful.
HOW TO CONTROL BLUETOOTH VOLUME & SAMSUNG TV SPEAKERS VOLUME SEPARATELY
If you’re going to be using your Sony headphones with your Samsung TV, then we couldn’t let you go without telling you about Samsung’s “Multi-Output Audio” feature. This allows you to control both your headphones & speakers’ volume separately. Here’s how this can be done:
- Press the Home button on your Samsung smart TV
- Select Settings.
- Select General -> Accesibility
- Then click on Multi-Output Audio
- Select your Sony headphones & click on Pair.
CAN YOU CONNECT TWO BLUETOOTH DEVICES TO YOUR SAMSUNG TV?
Samsung TVs don’t natively support more than one Bluetooth connection at a time. However, it’s still possible to connect multiple headphones to your TV by using a Bluetooth adapter.
The first thing you want to check is if the Bluetooth adapter allows for multiple device connections. Some adapters allow a connection of up to 5 devices. You also want to ensure that the adapter you select is compatible with your TV.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3