Being greeted by a beeping noise when wearing your headphones is always an unpleasant experience, especially if you’re unsure why it’s happening. If you’ve purchased a new pair of Aftershokz headphones and are presented with a beeping noise, then your probably wondering what’s causing it.
Aftershokz headphones are equipped with a moisture detecting function that beeps and vibrates when moisture is detected on the charging port.
If your Aftershokz headphones are beeping just once or twice, then there are other reasons why. Let’s take a look.
What could cause your Aftershokz headphones to beep
There are several reasons why your Aftershokz headphones may be beeping. A long beep followed by vibration would mean that your Aftershokz motion detection alarm has gone off. This indicates that there is moisture located in the charging port.
If what you’re experiencing is a much shorter beep, then here’s why:
|Next/Previous Song||One beep|
|End Call||One beep|
|Increase / Decrease volume||One beep|
|Answer call||Two Beeps|
Aftershokz LED indicator Prompts and what they mean
Aside from understanding what prompts your Aftershokz to beep, it may be helpful to understand the LED prompts you may experience when using your Aftershokz device.
|LED Indicator||What does it mean|
|Solid Blue||Charging Complete|
|Red & Blue Flash||Device is in Pairing Mode|
|Blue Flash||Incoming Call|
|Red Flash||Low Battery|
How To Factory Reset Your Aftershokz Headphones
Another important thing you should know about your Aftershokz is how to reset them. This comes in handy when experiencing technical issues, such as pairing issues.
To reset your Aftershocks, first ensure that your headphones are turned off. Next, press and hold the Multifunction button, the volume+, and the volume- at the same time for 3 seconds. You will then be greeted by a notification sound and a vibration indicating that your headphones are now reset. Simply power off your headphones and turn them back on, and you’re good to go!
How to Update Aftershokz Headphones
If you’re experiencing issues with your Aftershokz headphones, it’s possible that they just need a quick update. Here’s how to do it:
1. Make sure your Aftershokz headphones are fully charged.
2. Connect your Aftershokz headphones to your computer via the included micro USB cable.
3. Download the latest firmware update for your specific model of Aftershokz headphones from the company’s website.
4. Once the download is complete, unzip the file and run the installer.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
6. Once the installation is complete, disconnect your Aftershokz headphones from your computer and enjoy your updated headphones!
How do I fix common problems with my headphones?
If you’re experiencing other problems with your Aftershokz headphones, such as sound quality issues or connectivity problems, and resetting your device didn’t solve the issue, then follow the troubleshooting tips provided below.
- Try restarting the headphones by turning them off and then on again.
- If you’re using Bluetooth, try disconnecting and then reconnecting the headphones to your device.
- Make sure that you’re not too far away from your audio source. The maximum range for Bluetooth is about 30 feet.
- Increase the volume on your audio source and make sure that the balance is set evenly between the left and right channels.
If you’re still having trouble with your headphones, please contact customer support for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Aftershokz Headphones
How to Pair Aftershokz headphones
To pair your Aftershockz headphones, you’ll first need to turn your headphones off. Next, press and hold the volume+ button to enter pairing mode. A “pairing” voice command will then be prompted, indicating that your headphones are ready to pair. Next, simply open your device’s Bluetooth list and select your Aftershokz headphones to complete the pairing process.
How to check Aftershokz battery life?
To check how much battery you have left on your Aftershokz device, press and hold the volume+ or volume- button. You will then be greeted with a voice prompt on your battery life’s current status.