The Anker Soundcore Earbuds are unlike anything on the market. The great thing about the Anker brand is the history that goes along with it. Tens of millions of people improve their audio experience from their smartphones, gaming devices, etc., with the help of Anker products.
What do you do, though, when you run into issues with the Anker Soundcore Earbuds? One of the more common problems that people run into is a situation where you are only getting audio out of one of the two Anker Soundcore Earbuds. What do you do in this scenario, and how can you fix it?
Why are my Soundcore Earbuds One Side Not Working?
In most cases, the reason for one of your Soundcore earbuds to not be working is due to a pairing issue, which is usually resolved by resetting your device. Alternatively, if one of your earbuds isn’t working at all, one of your earbuds may not be charging; this can be due to dust or dirt blocking the earbuds and case connectors and will simply need to be cleaned in order to get it to charge again.
Let’s dive in and take a look at each method step by step.
1. Doing a reset of the Anker Soundcore Earbuds – Method #1
- Forget” your Soundcore earbuds on your device’s Bluetooth list, & turn Bluetooth off
- Place one of the earbuds in the charging case
- press and hold the touchpad at the back of the earbuds that’s in the case for 7 seconds. ( until LED flashes 3 times).
- Now place your other earbud in the case and repeat the process
- Remove both earbuds from the case and place them close to each other
- Turn Bluetooth on from your device and select your “soundcore earbuds” and connect.
2. Doing a reset of the Anker Soundcore Earbuds – Method #2
- The first thing that you will do is to unpair the Anker Soundcore Earbuds from your Bluetooth device.
- Once you are done unpairing them, take the earbuds out of the case and tap on the sides of each earbud four times. When you do this, you should see a red blinking light. Put them back in the case after you do this.
- Now, take the earbuds out of the case and sit them next to one another.
- After you leave them there for around 15 seconds, try pairing them again to your smartphone or another Bluetooth device.
After you go through the steps to do a hard reset of your Anker Soundcore Earbuds, it is likely that you will get audio out of both of the earbuds once again. If this does not fix the problem, you may want to reach out to the Anker support team to line up a repair of your earbuds.
3. Check the Battery on Both Earbuds
You may think that you have two earbuds that have enough of a charge, but are you sure?
It’s possible that one of your earbuds isn’t charging in the case; this is another common problem with wireless earbuds in general.
You’ll first want to clean both the connectors on the case and the on the earbuds with a q-tip and hydrogen peroxide solution that is no more than 3%. Also, you’ll want to make sure that the earbuds are completely dry before putting them back in the case.
Try this out and let everything charge up full. Once you are done with the charging, try the headphones again. This could do the trick because what happens a lot is that you have one earbud that dies, while the other still has some battery left. When the dead earbud cannot charge, it is not going to output any audio.
Update Soundcore Earbuds Firmware
If non of the above methods have worked, it’s possible that your earbuds aren’t updated to the latest firmware. New updates improve the overall functionality of the earbuds and provide necessary big fixes.
The Quality of the Anker Earbuds
The Anker Soundcore Earbuds have the ability to do everything much higher-priced options on the market deliver.
With the Anker Soundcore Earbuds, you have a set of headphones where the case, as well as the two earbuds themselves all, work independently. The case is something you need to charge up, and it is where all of the power comes from. When the earbuds are within the case, they will draw power from the case so they charge. That way, when you take the earbuds out of the case, they will retain that charge and play music or whatever else you want to listen to.
The great thing about the technology with the Anker products is the way in which it can immerse you in the sound. The noise reduction capabilities of the Anker Soundcore Earbuds allow you to block out everything around you for hours and hours on end while having music playing with crystal clarity.
Connecting the Earbuds For First Time Users
The two earbuds will pair with your device via one Bluetooth connection. When you pair the Anker Soundcore Earbuds, they pair as a single device. The earbuds, though, are two separate devices working in tandem. They both need a connection to the smartphone or whatever other device you are using to deliver the results you expect. When the connection breaks down between the two headphones and the device, that is where you begin to run into issues.
The pairing process with the Anker Soundcore Earbuds is pretty straightforward. The device you are connecting them to needs to be in a mode where it is watching for new devices. Then, when you put the Anker Soundcore Earbuds in pairing mode, it will begin the process of connecting with your smartphone. Once the connection is established, it should reconnect every time the Anker Soundcore Earbuds are on and close to the smartphone device.
- Can You Lay the PS5 On Its Side? Debunking Console Placement Myths
- How to Update Turtle Beach Stealth 600 or Stealth 700 Headsets
- Does GameStop Buy Oculus Quest 2? A Comprehensive Guide to Trade-Ins
- How to Fix Oculus Quest 2 Controller Drift: Step-by-Step Guide
- How Long Does It Take to Charge a Meta Quest 2: Duration, Insights, and Best Practices