The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset is one of the top-performing headsets for both professional and recreational use alike. Whether you consider yourself to be a pro gamer or if sound quality is of the utmost importance to you, the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset delivers.
If you are struggling to operate your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset or it is not connecting properly, you may be wondering how to reset your Turtle Beach Stealth 600, which can ultimately help to get it working properly again.
How to Reset Turtle Beach Stealth 600
If you want to reset your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset, the easiest way possible, you will first need to download and install the Turtle Beach Audio Hub directly from the official Turtle Beach website. The Turtle Beach Audio Hub is available for both Windows and Mac computers as well as iPhones and Android smartphones.
- Download and install the latest version of Turtle Beach Audio Hub from the official Turtle Beach website.
- Connect your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset to your computer or device via USB or with the use of another adapter, depending on your preferred device.
- Allow a few seconds to a few minutes for your Turtle Beach Audio Hub to detect your newly plugged-in headset.
- Select “Restore” beneath the image of your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset, which should be displayed on the left side of your screen or monitor. You will be prompted to restore your headset to its default settings.
- Choose “Yes” to confirm that you would like to reset your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset to its original factory settings. You will then be presented with a progress bar which will be filled as it completes the restoration process.
- Select “Okay” once the restoration process completes and you are informed that the restoring of your headset has been done successfully.
Your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset will now be reset to its original factory and box settings. You can now use the headset as if you have just purchased it without any configurations, presets, or settings in place.
Reasons to Reset the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset
While most often, the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 will remain in working order as long as it is properly connected via USB or with an adapter, you may encounter some issues from time to time. Some of the most common issues you are likely to run into with a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset might include:
- Choppy sounds
- Poor connection
- Wire issues (fraying or kinks)
- Inability to connect or pair
What is the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset Compatible With?
Currently, the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset is compatible with Windows PCs, PCs with built-in Xbox Wireless Online compatibility, Xbox One, and PS4.
How to Reset Turtle Beach Stealth 600 for Xbox
If you are using your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset with your Xbox or Xbox One, there may be times when it is not connecting or streaming properly. To reset your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 while using an Xbox, complete the following step:
- Press and hold both the “Connect” and “Mode” buttons on your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset for at least 20 seconds in total. This will send a message to your headset to reset and restore itself. Allow the headset to power down and to power back on with its newly restored factory settings.
How Do You Pair a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset With an Xbox After a Hard Reset?
After you have completed a hard reset for your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset and your Xbox, you may be curious as to how to pair the devices together again. To re-pair your Xbox system and your Turtle Beach Stealth 600, complete the following steps:
- Turn on your preferred Xbox console and your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset simultaneously, or as close to the same time as possible if you are turning on the devices yourself.
- Press and hold the “Enroll” button that can be found on your Xbox console. Hold the “Enroll” button down until you notice an LED indicator begins to flicker coming directly from your Xbox.
The flickering light you see on your Xbox indicates that you have successfully paired your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset with your Xbox. You can now begin to use your headset while playing your Xbox.
How do I Fix the Mic on My Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset?
At times, you may experience choppiness or unresponsive microphone features on your headset. Check to ensure your headset is properly connected and that all of your computer or device’s default sound input settings are set to read your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset. Verify that your input preferences are changed to suit your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset and the settings you prefer.
Can an Update Fix a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset?
In some cases, updating your Turtle Beach headsets of any kind can help to repair potential connection issues or even sound quality and feedback problems you have encountered while they are in use. Updating your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset automatically is possible by using the Turtle Beach Audio Hub and by enabling automatic updates.
However, most often, when a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset stops performing or connecting properly, it is due to an issue that requires a hard reset. While it is advisable to try alternative solutions prior to attempting a hard reset on any device, more often than not you will need to conduct a hard reset on your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset in order for it to function properly again.
Using a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset is a great way to optimize your listening experience, whether you enjoy building music playlists or entering competitive gaming contests with friends. Knowing how to reset and manage your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset can also help you to keep your headset in proper working condition for years to come.