If your JBL headphones and earphones are acting up, you can perform a factory reset to get them working as they once did. A JBL factory reset is very easy and only takes a couple of minutes at most.
To reset your JBL headphones, hold down on the volume buttons for five seconds until you hear the factory reset ping. As for your JBL earphones, hold down on the power button for five seconds until the LED lights turn off. For both JBL headphones and earphones, you will have to repair them to your devices once the reset is finished.
To learn how to reset your JBL Bluetooth headphones and earphones in more detail, read on.
Overview Of Resetting JBL Bluetooth Headphones ; Earbuds
Resetting your JBL Bluetooth headphones and earphones is very easy. In fact, JBL devices are some of the easiest to reset. For the most part, all you will need to do is either press the power button or volume button to get the headphones or earphones to forget previous devices they have been linked to.
Note that after you perform the factory reset, you will have to connect your JBL Bluetooth headphones or earphones back to your selected devices again. For example, you will need to manually connect them to your phone or tablet, even if you have listened through those devices before.
How to Reset JBL Bluetooth Headphones
If you notice that your JBL headphones aren’t connecting properly or have an audio delay or static, a factory reset maybe the easiest fix. Resetting your JBL Bluetooth headphones should only take about 2 minutes. Here is how to reset your JBL Bluetooth headphones:
- Make sure that there is no obvious reason why your JBL headphones aren’t working properly, such as a dead battery or already connected to another Bluetooth device.
- Once you confirm there is no obvious reason for the headphone troubles, locate the power button that should be located on the right ear cup.
- Push the power button and confirm that the headphones are on by listening for the ping sound.
- Locate the volume buttons. They will be located beneath the power button on the same ear cup.
- Hold down on both the volume up and down buttons for five seconds at the same time.
- Release the volume buttons once you hear the chime that indicates headphones powering off.
- Wait for a third pinging sound that tells you the device has been successfully restored and is in pairing mode.
If you are having trouble properly resetting your JLB Bluetooth headphones, it is likely because you are not holding down on the volume buttons long enough. We recommend trying again while taking extra precautions to hold down on the volume up and down buttons for a minimum of five seconds.
How to Reset JBL Bluetooth Earbuds
For some reason, there are very few articles online about how to reset JBL Bluetooth earphones. Nevertheless, resetting these earbuds is easy. You basically only need to make the earbuds forget all previous devices they have been paired to. Here is how to reset JBL Bluetooth earphones:
- Make sure that there is no obvious reason why your JBL earphones aren’t working properly, such as a dead battery or already connected to another Bluetooth device.
- Remove both earbuds from the case but set one to the side. It does not matter which earbud you keep and which earbud you lay down.
- Using the earbud you still have in your hand, press the button at the top two times in a row.
- Immediately press it a third time but hold this third press down for roughly five seconds.
- Both earbuds will shut down once you hold the button down. You will know that this happened once the LED light on both earbuds turn off completely.
- Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds for about two seconds to power the earbuds back up again.
- If you performed the factory reset correctly, the LED lights should be flashing blue, representing that the earbuds are searching for a device to pair with.
Because of the factory reset, note that your JBL earphones will not be allowed access to your phone anymore until you change the settings in your phone. From there, pair the earphones again as usual and listen to your music once again.
Bluetooth earphones that aren’t working correctly can be a beast to make right again. Luckily, JBL headphones and earphones are extremely easy to reset, as we learned. The main difference between the reset options is what buttons you hold down.
For the headphones, you will hold down on the volume up and volume down buttons, whereas you will hold down on the power button of one earbud when resetting the JLB earphones.