If you own an iPhone and a Samsung TV that has a USB port, you’re in luck.
There are many things you can do when you connect your iPhone with your TV, such as watching movies, listening to music, playing games, and even illuminating the back of your TV with lights.
But, first of all, you need to know how to connect these two devices, and that’s exactly where we’re going to help you.
- First, you need to locate the USB port, which is labeled “USB” and usually on the side or back of your Samsung TV.
- Next, plug the Lightning cable that you use to charge your iPhone directly into the TV, and connect it to your phone.
- Finally, turn the TV on.
As we mentioned, there are a plethora of things you can do when you connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV. Although watching movies is perhaps the most popular thing to do when you connect these devices, it’s not the only thing you can do.
Also, there are other ways you can connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV.
How to Utilize the Popup Features
While newer iPad models and all Android devices use USB-C connectors, the majority of Apple products use Lightning cables.
USB to Lightning technology allows you to do a variety of things, from transferring data to viewing photos to syncing music to watching movies to charging your Apple device.
To give you an idea, viewing data from your iPhone to your Samsung TV is a lot like accessing images from your digital camera on your laptop.
There are a number of good reasons to connect your iPhone to your TV this way. One is that you don’t need to buy an extra cable. The Lightning cable you use to charge your iPhone is all you need to connect your devices.
Another advantage is that you can view data from your iPhone to your Samsung TV without any internet connection. That means you can easily view photos on your big screen when you don’t have any wifi access.
Alternative Ways to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV
Whether you’re using a Lightning cable or connecting wirelessly, there are many ways you can stream your apps, music, photos, and videos on your Samsung TV.
How to Connect With HDMI Cable and Lightning Adapter
This might be the least expensive way to view your iPhone content on the big screen. The good news is that this option supports both video and audio and is really easy to figure out.
All you need are an HDMI cable, a Lightning Digital AV adapter, and a Samsung TV with an unused HDMI port.
- Look for a free HDMI port on your TV. Like the USB port, the HDMI port might be on the back or on the side of your TV and be labeled “HDMI.”
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
- Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to your iPhone.
- Turn your Samsung TV on and, using the TV controls or your remote control, switch to the correct HDMI port (the one you plugged your cable into).
After that, you should be able to see and hear the video and audio from your iPhone on your Samsung TV.
How to Connect With AirPlay 2
On select Samsung TV models (i.e., 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022), you can use AirPlay 2 to stream movies, shows, and music, as well as cast images from your iPhone directly to your Samsung TV. You can even cast to your Samsung Smart Monitor.
For this method, you’ll need an internet connection, and you have to make sure your iPhone is connected to that wifi network.
- Enable AirPlay on your Samsung TV or Smart Monitor so you can stream content. In order to do this, go to Settings, select General, and, from there, select Apple Airplay Settings. Now you can enable AirPlay.
- If you want to share videos or photos, open your phone’s Photos app. Select the video or photo you want to share, and tap the Share button on the bottom left.
- Select Airplay, tap the name of the Samsung TV or Smart Monitor you wish to stream to.
- You’ll likely see a code on the TV screen. Type this code into your iPhone to make the content appear on your TV.
If you want to stream music, the process is basically the same.
- But instead of the Photos app, you navigate to and open a music player on your iPhone, e.g., Spotify.
- From there, select a song and tap AirPlay.
- Next, tap the name of the TV or Smart Monitor you want to stream to.
- Again, you’ll probably see a code on the TV screen. To make the content appear, type this code into your iPhone.
You should now be able to play the audio through the device you selected.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV
Believe it or not, you can connect your iPhone to a Samsung Smart TV as well, not just a regular Samsung TV.
- First, you’ll have to launch the Samsung SmartView app.
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter a code that appears on the screen of your Samsung TV.
- After that, you’ll have to enter the pin number, and your iPhone should automatically connect to your TV.
Once that’s all finished, the video and audio from your iPhone should be visible and audible on your Samsung TV.
As you can see, there are many different ways to connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV. But one really easy way to do this is by plugging the Lightning cable (that you use to charge your iPhone) directly into your TV and connecting it to your phone too.
After you’ve completed all the steps, you can do an array of things, like listening to music, watching movies, viewing photos from your iPhone, and illuminating the back of your Samsung TV with bright lights.
With this knowledge, you can instantly have a lot more fun with your iPhone, whether you’re by yourself or with a group of friends.