Nothing beats gaming on an Xbox Series X with a high-end headset. Turtle Beach’s new “Designed For Xbox” products should work right out of the box, but you’re still going to need to connect them. Here’s how to get your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 connected to an Xbox Series X.
It’s very easy to get your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset to work with your Xbox Series X. First, power on both devices and press the pairing button on both the Turtle Beach headset and your Xbox. The pairing LED on both devices should blink and then turn solid when they are connected.
Let’s explore everything you need to know to get your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 working on your Xbox and troubleshoot any problems along the way.
How to Connect turtle Beach Stealth 700 to Xbox Series X
There’s a little more to this issue than we let on. Getting your Turtle Beach Stealth connected to an Xbox Series X actually involves a few more steps. This is especially true if you want the best connection and the highest quality audio coming from your new headset.
We’re going to do a full walkthrough of every step you need to cover to make sure your Stealth 700 headset and your Xbox Series X are totally in sync.
- Make sure the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset is fully charged
- Plug in and turn on your Xbox Series X
- Press and hold the power button on the headset until the LED lights turn on
- Press and hold the pairing button on the Xbox until the LED light blinks
- Press and hold the Connect button on the headset until the LED light blinks
- In a few minutes, both LED lights should turn solid. This lets you know the devices are now paired and connected
Configure Windows Sonic Surround Sound on Xbox Series X
Next, we’re going to configure Windows Sonic Surround Sound to make the most of these new Turtle Beach headsets.
- Navigate to the Xbox home screen
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the menu
- Select “Profile & System”
- Select “Settings”
- Select “General”
- Select “Volume & Audio Output”
- Navigate to the “Headset” column on the right side of the screen
- Select “Headset Format”
- Change Headset Format to “Windows Sonic Surround Sound”
Your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset will now be totally in sync with your Xbox Series X.
Will the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 1 work on Xbox Series X?
The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 is part of a new line of products from Turtle Beach that all fly under the banner: “Designed For Xbox.” These products are both built to work with Xbox right out of the box and are designed with a small amount of future proofing.
The “Designed For Xbox” headsets were first built for the Xbox One, but Turtle Beach and Xbox also designed these hardware to work as new models came out. The Stealth 700 headset is forwards compatible with both the Xbox Series X and the Xbox S.
This means your old Stealth 700 will work just as well with the newer Xbox consoles as it did with the original run of the Xbox One.
How do I connect my Turtle Beach 700 Gen 2 to Xbox Series S?
The Xbox Series S is only slightly different from the Xbox X. Connecting your Stealth 700 headset actually involves fewer steps. Here’s how you can connect your Turtle Beach headset to the Xbox Series S.
- Turn on both devices
- Press and hold the Connect button on the Stealth 700 headset
- Press and hold the pairing button on the Series S
- The LED light on both devices will flash until the devices are paired
- Your headset is now up and running. Happy gaming!
Troubleshooting Common Xbox Series X Headset Problems
Even the best headsets face some problems every now and then. Here’s how you can troubleshoot the three biggest problems facing Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset users.
This might be surprising, but there is software that runs your headset. There’s a little operating system, known as firmware, that your headset uses to process audio information from the Xbox. Occasionally, this software can glitch which leads to dropped audio and connection problems.
Even the Xbox X can glitch out and start to lose connection to the headset. Here’s how to clear out simple glitches.
- Power off the headset
- Power off the Xbox Series X
- Unplug the Xbox Series X for 20 seconds
- Pair the headset to the Xbox
Your Xbox should automatically update, but you can also force this process to get the latest updates immediately. This can resolve connectivity problems if they are caused by a known bug.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Select Profile & System Settings
- Select System
- Select Updates
Here you’ll be able to see any pending updates. Before you leave, make sure you have automatic updates enabled.
Too Much Interference
All things considered, this problem is fairly rare. However, interference from a Wi-Fi router can prevent your Turtle Beach headset from working as intended.
Turtle Beach recommends making sure that there is no Wi-Fi router within 5 ft, or 1.5 m, of your Turtle Beach headset.
This can be a little tricky because you also want the best possible connection for your Xbox. The key is to make sure the headset is far enough away from the Wi-Fi router while still keeping the Wi-Fi router close to the Xbox itself.
Wrapping Up Connecting Turtle Beach Stealth to Xbox
Connecting your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 to your Xbox Series X is as easy as pressing the pairing button on both devices and letting the software handle the rest. You can follow our simple troubleshooting guide to resolve most connectivity problems and enjoy your brand new headset today.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3