Connecting your premium Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset should be a breeze, not so?
Well, that’s what the adverts tell you. It’s designed to work right out of the packaging with X-box Series X and Xbox Ones and PC’s.
Then why are you here? What could possibly have gone wrong?
Before you do anything else, remember that the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 is not designed to work on a PC without an Xbox adapter which needs to be purchased separately.
Let’s start at the beginning…
Plug the wireless adapter into a USB port on your PC. Press and hold the ‘connect’ button on your headset and press and hold the ‘enroll’ button on the adapter. When the LEDs stop flashing and turn solid, the headset is paired with your PC.
That’s it, you should now be able to use your headset.
Unfortunately, this headset has lots of problems which you can read about in many of the gaming forums as well on the eCommerce website reviews from customers who have purchased it.
So, what is there to do if you really want to use your headset with a PC?
Let’s go through these steps in detail first:
- Plug the wireless Xbox adapter into a USB 3.0 or USB 3C port on your PC.
- Power up your PC.
- Power up your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset.
- Press and hold the ‘enroll’ button on the adapter until the LED starts flashing.
- Press and hold the ‘connect’ button on your headset until its LED flashes.
- Within a few moments, you should see the LEDs stop flashing and hold steady on the adapter and the headset.
Your headset is now paired and should be working. But the problems don’t end there.
Do You Have a Built-in Xbox Wireless?
Some PCs have a built-in Xbox wireless feature. If you are one of the lucky ones who have this, then follow the instructions below to pair the headset with your PC:
- Go to settings in your Windows PC and select ‘devices’, then ‘connected devices’.
- Select ‘add Bluetooth or other device’ and select ‘everything else’.
- Press the ‘connect’ button on your headset and allow Windows to discover your headset and add it automatically.
- Your Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset will appear under ‘other devices’ and be ready for use.
- On the Windows taskbar, right-click the speaker icon and choose ‘playback devices’.
- You want to set your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset as your default ‘device’.
- Then go to ‘recording devices’ and select it as your ‘default device’.
Your headset will then be ready to use and you should have minimal problems, if any, with it.
Volume Controls Are Different from the Gaming Console
The volume controls on the PC differ from your gaming console and the game and chat audio cannot be controlled separately.
Before you use the headset, turn the lower volume control on your headset to its minimum setting. The upper volume control is then used to control the volume of your PC.
Does the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Work On a PC?
With all the problems customers have experienced using their Stealth 700 Gen 2 headsets, you’d be forgiven for thinking these headsets don’t work with a PC at all.
They do work with a PC or laptop, but you are going to have to download regular firmware updates as the problems with these headsets persist.
Remember, these headsets are designed primarily for Xbox use, so you are going to experience problems if you decide to use them with your Windows PC or laptop.
The next problem is a little more concerning still.
Is Your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 PC Mic Not Working?
This question comes up over and over again.
The culprit appears to be Windows updates changing your settings without your knowledge.
To fix your mic problems, try the following:
- Go to Windows ‘Start’ and select ‘Settings’. You can alternatively type settings into the search bar next to the Windows start button.
- In settings, select ‘privacy’.
- Then select ‘microphone’.
- Make sure that the “allow apps to access your microphone” is turned “ON” and then check that the relevant app is set to “ON”.
- These settings may change with each update, so this could be a recurring problem with each Windows update.
The Stealth 700 headset comes with an app that you can download and use to adjust your audio settings.
Bluetooth connectivity is reported as being a little patchy. When connected to an Xbox, the connection is pretty good with only occasional lapses in sound quality.
However, you can try the following things that have been proven to improve or restore connectivity to your headset.
You’ll be familiar with call center operators responding with this advice to any computer glitch. When all else fails, try switching your headphones and laptop or PC off and then restarting both.
You’ll be surprised at how often this actually does work.
Multiple devices or older versions of a Bluetooth device may interfere with your Stealth headset connection.
After removing any unknown or unused devices, restart your PC and your headset and go through the process of pairing your device again.
Charge Your Headphones
Low battery charge is responsible for several connection problems with your headset and can be a difficult fault to diagnose.
Always charge your headset fully before trying to fix any connection issues.
Your router can also be the cause of connection problems. Try to keep your router as far away from your PC and headset as possible.
So there you have it. The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset is a fantastic product with a ton of features, but it is not really designed to work with your PC.
At best, you need an Xbox adapter for your PC; at worst, it will refuse to work properly and give you endless hours of frustration.
I hope our tips and tricks above help you to keep your sanity when trying to connect this headset with your Windows PC or laptop.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3