AirPods Pro battery ran out? If you don’t have any other charger – except for Magsafe – you’ll be glad to know that you can use it to juice your Airpods Pro up.
You will be able to charge your AirPods Pro, among many other Apple devices, with a Magsafe charger. That’s because Magsafe chargers work with a non-Magsafe, Qi-compatible device.
Learn more about this hack by reading more about it below.
How to Charge Your AirPods Pro With a Magsafe Charger
If it’s your first time using your Magsafe device to charge your AirPods Pro, then you need to follow the steps below:
- Use the Apple USB-C adapter (or any other adapter) to connect your Magsafe device to power.
- Place your AirPods Pro inside the case. Close the lid.
- Position the case on the center of the Magsafe device. The status light should be facing up.
- Once the case is in place, the status light will turn on and off for a few seconds. This means that your AirPods Pro are charging.
How to Charge Your AirPods Pro With a Magsafe Duo Charger
The Duo Charger is another Magsafe device you can use to power up your AirPods Pro. Here’s how to use it:
- Connect the Magsafe Duo charger to power with an Apple USB-C adapter or any other plug.
- Put your AirPods Pro inside the charging case. Make sure that you have a closed lid.
- Put the case on the center of the charging surface. The status light should be facing up.
- The status light will turn on and off once your AirPods Pro start charging.
Does Charging AirPods Pro With a Magsafe Charger Take Longer?
Compare to using an iPhone or iPad USB charger, the Magsafe takes more time to juice up your AirPods Pro. In this case, you can expect reduced power as well.
That said, it’s best to use any of the 2 aforementioned devices if you want your AirPods Pro to charge more efficiently.
When Should You Charge Your AirPods Pro?
When you hear a tone in your AirPods Pro, it means it’s time to charge them.
The first notification tells you that your AirPods Pro only have 10% power. By this time, you should make it a point to charge the device.
Should you hear a ding for the second time, it means that your AirPods Pro are already out of juice. The device will then automatically turn off.
In case you’re not using your AirPods Pro, you can see the battery status on your iPhone or iPad. You will receive screen notifications once your AirPods Pro are at 20%, 10%, and 5% power.
How Do You Know When Your AirPods Pro is Fully Charged?
You can check the status by tapping the case while. If it shows amber-colored light, then it’s still charging. But if you see a green light, then it means your AirPods Pro are fully charged.
What’s the Battery Time of AirPods Pro?
The performance of your device will depend on how you use it.
With a 20 or 30 minute single charge in the case, you can talk for 3.5 hours or listen for 4.5 hours.
If you have little time on your hands, you can charge them for an hour. Doing so will give you an hour’s worth of talking or listening.
If you can, at least charge the device for 15 minutes. This will give you at least 50% of the usual capacity.
While this seems fast, AirPods Pro charge considerably slower than first-gen AirPods. The latter model only needs about 17 minutes to get a full charge.
For multiple charges, however, you can expect more than 18 hours of talk time with your AirPods Pro. This duration will also give you more than 24 hours of listening time.
AirPods Pro Optimized Battery Charging
Compared to the AirPods 1st and 2nd generation, the Pro AirPods have optimized battery charging. This helps to improve lifespan and reduce battery wear. With this feature, you only need minimal time to fully charge your AirPods Pro.
Optimized battery charging is on by default after setup or after an iOS update.
Your AirPods Pro and iOS device learn this from your daily charging routine. In effect, these devices will wait to charge until the AirPods Pro are more than 80% full before you use them.
If you want to turn this off, then you need to open the AirPods Pro case and go to Settings > Bluetooth. Click on the information (i) button and turn off ‘Optimized Battery Charging’.
Yes, you can charge your AirPods Pro with a Magsafe device. All you need to do is place the case in the center of the charging area and wait for them to juice up. It’s slower, but it works!
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3