Has this happened to you? You’ve been out all day, ready to relax, grab the AT&T remote control, and … nothing. This is the only remote you have and you don’t know how to operate the television without the remote, so you’re stuck until you can figure out what comes next. We’ll help you reset your device without the hassle and get you up and running in no time.
How Do I Reset My AT&T Remote Control?
When resetting your AT&T remote, you may need to unpair it from the initial settings, then restart it to go back to normal. Before you begin with that, it’s always a good idea to check the batteries in the device to make sure they are working correctly.
Once you have determined it isn’t the batteries, then you can proceed with the reset. You may also have interference with your signal that may be causing the remote to malfunction. Move any objects that may be near the TV sensor to determine if this is the cause.
Resetting Your Remote
In order to clear any issues with the remote, the best solution is to reset it. There are different types of AT&T remotes, but these steps should generally work across the board:
- Press the Diamond, Dash, or Apps button and hold it down.
- The blue LED lights should blink twice.
- Press and release the red button on the device or unplug it for a few seconds and plug back in.
This should reset the remote. Try turning it on and off. If it does not work, repeat the steps. There are certain steps that should be taken if you have certain remotes like the Point Anywhere, Silver, and the AT&T S10:
- Press the OK and AT&T keys simultaneously.
- The four-mode keys flash twice when released. This shows the remote is ready for programming.
- Enter programming code 900. The AT&T key flashes for a while. Do not worry – the remote is resetting to its default.
AT&T also has an S20 and S30 remote model. If you need to reset one of these, follow the steps below:
- Press OK and menu together.
- Release both buttons at the same time. A light will flash twice.
- Press the keys and enter 981. You will see the power key flash four times. The remote should be ready to go.
Re-pair Your Remote to Your TV
To repair the remote:
- Point the remote control at the television
- Press REWIND and FAST FORWARD simultaneously and hold for 3 seconds.
- A message should come on the screen alerting you that everything has been reset.
If none of these steps work, it may be time to have a technician swap out your remote, or you may have to go to an AT&T office to get new equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Resetting AT&T Remote
These questions have been asked from people having problems with their remote model:
- How do you pair the remote to the TV?
- Do I have to use automatic search or set it up manually?
- I’ve tried to reprogram the remote and nothing is working. What do I do now?
- Can AT&T support help me?
- How do I use my AT&T remote control?
- Why isn’t my AT&T remote working?
Depending on whether you switched over from U-Verse, you may have an outdated remote model and device. If you’ve tried everything to no avail, calling an AT&T specialist to walk you through the steps if they aren’t working for you is the best solution. The specialist may be able to do something on their end in the background that may rectify the problem for you. Even though the remote doesn’t seem to be working, it could be a device-related issue.
There are certain televisions that may have problems with compatibility, or if you are attempting to use a universal remote that did not come with the original equipment. If this is one of your issues, a specialist should be able to walk you through a troubleshooting scenario that can possibly fix the issue.
For the most part, these simple steps should help determine whether you need a new remote control. If you do not see your model listed or you do not have any of the required buttons on your remote, turn in the old equipment for newer models.
Pairing the remote to the TV is a simple process once you get the remote working correctly, but again, you may be having issues related to your device or the make and model of your television. If you have other devices connected, resetting the remote will also affect them as well.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3