A common issue users face with the Amazon fire stick remote is a flashing blue light suddenly appears on the remote.
So what does this mean?
A flashing blue light on the Firestick remote indicates that the Alexa button was pushed. Simply holding down the home button will make it stay blue & allow you to control Alexa.
Let’s dive deeper into this & look at other issues related to this problem & how they can be solved.
Why is My Firestick Remote Flashing Blue?
When your firestick remote starts flashing blue this indicates that the Alexa button has been pressed, however, it’s not listening for a command. Holding down the home button while your remote is flashing blue will turn the flashing blue light into a solid blue light, which will then allow you to communicate with Alexa.
Firestick Remote Stays Blue?
Some users have reported that holding the home button only temporarily fixed their issue. If the blue light constantly keeps appearing here are a few things you can do to solve this issue.
Try the these steps:
- Remove the batteries from the remote
- with the batteries still removed, disconnect your fire TV Stick from the TV & the power cable
- wait for 20 seconds, then reconnect your Fire TV stick
- Once the device has booted up, place your batteries back in the remote
- press & hold the home button for 10 seconds
This should fix the issue, if you’re still experiencing issues then you should try resetting your device.
Restart the device by:
- Hold down both the play/pause button & the select button for 5 seconds
If restarting the device using the remote doesn’t work, try:
- Unplug the power adaptor from the Fire TV Stick
- Leave it unplugged for around 1 minute
- Plug the power adapter back into the Fire TV Stick
Firestick Remote Flashing Lights Meanings
Let’s take a look at what each flashing color on your firestick remote indicates.
Firestick remote flashing orange: when your Firestick remote starts blinking orange that indicates that it is in discovery mode & is looking for the device to be paired
Firestick flashing blue three times: this indicates that your pairing was successful.
Firestick remote flashing red light: A red light on your Firestick remote indicates that the battery is low
Common Issues With The Firestick Remote:
Here are other common issues users typically face with the Firestick Remote as well as their solutions.
FireStick Remote Not Working
Reasons why your Firestick Remote may not be working:
- Depleted Battery: The main cause for issues with the firestick remote usually stems from the battery running out too fast. The remote consumes a lot of power, so if the remote stops working all, of a sudden the issue is most likely that the battery has run out & needs to be replaced.
- Remote hasn’t paired successfully: Another issue with the remote not working is issues with pairing. Simply Hold down the Home button on the remote for around 10 seconds to pair it once again. If this doesn’t solve the issue then follow our steps below on “Firestick Remote Not Pairing”
- Compatibility: If you have purchased an alternative remote for the Firestick it may be possible that the remote is incompatible with the Firestick Tv
FireStick Remote Not Pairing
Firestick Remote not pairing with Firestick Tv is a very common issue & can be solved by one of these methods.
Solution #1: Power cycle Your Firestick Remote
Simply remove the batteries & put them back. Its that easy!
Solution #2: Power cycle The FireStick Device
Simply unplug your firestick device’s power source, wait for around 30 seconds & plug it back in. This will reboot your firestick.
Solution #3 Reset Bluetooth Connection
Hold down the home button for 10 seconds, this will reset the Bluetooth connection & allow you to repair your remote to your device.
Solution #4 (Alternative method) Install My FireTV App on to Your Phone
Installing the My FireTV App onto your phone will allow you to control your FireTV device completely from your phone.
FireStick Remote Volume Not Working?
The remote button not working is typically caused by an error in the configuration process. Simply follow the steps below to reconfigure your remote to your TV.
Follow these steps:
- Locate & click on the Settings option on the top right corner
- Once inside Settings locate & select Equipment control
- Now select Manage Equipment -> TV -> select Change TV
- Select you TV Brand
- It will then ask you to press the power button to turn off your TV. Wait for 10 seconds & then press the power button again to turn it back on.
Thats it your volume should now be working!
So there you have it, a flashing blu light on your remote indicates that the Alexa button has been pushed, simply holding it down will prompt Alexa and allow you to start giving it commands. However, in the case that the blu light doesn’t go away, try out the steps listed above in order to resolve the issue.
- How to Pair Meta Quest 3 Controllers with Your Quest 3 Headset: A Quick Guide
- How to Charge Meta Quest 3: A Guide to Powering Up Your VR Experience
- How to Cast Meta Quest 3 to Samsung TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Factory Reset Your Meta Quest 3: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Power On and Off the Meta Quest 3