If you have decided to purchase a brand-new Samsung TV, then chances are you aren’t fully aware of what comes included in the box and what you may need to purchase separately; this is especially true when it comes to mounting your TV. This brings us to the question do Samsung TVs come with mounting screws?
Samsung TVs don’t come with mounting screws; you will need to purchase the screws & wall mount separately. They do, however, come with wall mount adapters as well as a stand mount.
Let’s now take a look at what’s actually included in the box, as well as what you will need when mounting your TV onto your wall or to a standing mount. Let’s dive in!
What You Will Need To Setup Your Samsung TV
If you would like to set up your Samsung TV on a standing mount, then you will not need any additional equipment to set it up since they all come included in the box. However, if you would like to wall mount your TV, you will need to purchase a wall-mount and the mounting screws separately.
You will be able to purchase a wall mount from Samsung directly, or you can opt for any wall mount that is VESA Compliant and designed for your TV’s size.
Additionally, the mounting screws you require will depend on your size of the screw holes located on the back of your TV.
100×100 mm holes will require an M4 standard screw, whereas 200×200 & 400×400 holes will require M8 standard screws.
How To Wall Mount a Samsung TV
When mounting your TV to your wall, it’s crucial that you follow the exact instructions provided by both your wall mount manufacturer as well as the instructions in the TV.
Tools required to wall mounting your TV:
- Stud Finder
- Power Drill
- Mounting Screws
How To Wall Mount Your TV:
- Decide on the Location & height of your TV: This is an important step & one you should take your time with. Changing your location after you’ve set up your TV will not only take more time but will also require you to drill additional holes onto your wall.
- Locate Studs in your wall that supports your TV: You will need to screw your wall mount into studs; hollow wall anchors will not support the weight of your TV and wall mount brackets. Use a stud finder to help you locate studs on your wall.
- Mark & Drill Plot Holes: You will need someone to help you in this step. Hold your mount up to your desired location, mark in pencil where you will drill the holes to attach to your wall. Then hold your mount up against the wall and drill the mounting screws into the pilot holes.
- Attach The Mounting Plate to your TV: Attach the plate to the back of your TV. The setup process for this is dependent on the type of mount you use.
- Mount Your TV: Get a partner to help you with this step. Before mounting, ensure the connection between the wall plate and TV plate is secure.
How do You Determine TV Mount Size?
VESA is standard adapted by most high-end TV manufacturers, including Samsung; it is simply the distance between the mounting holes in the back of your TV in millimeters. You will be able to find your TV’s VESA size in the user manual or Samsung’s official website.
Additionally, you will be able to determine the required mount size for your TV by simply measuring the four holes located in the back. Simply measure the holes from left to right and top to bottom. This will provide you with the horizontal and vertical distance between the holes, which is your TV’s VESA size.
Are TV Wall Brackets Universal?
Since most mounts conform to the VESA standard, it should be quite easy to fit any television to any mount. However, not all mounts will support every TV’s weight. Be sure to check whether your desired wall mount can support your brand-new TV’s overall weight.
There you have it; if you’re planning on using your TV with a mounting stand, you won’t need any additional bolts or screws to set up as everything is provided in the box. However, if you’re looking to wall mount your Samsung TV, then you will need to purchase a wall mount & mounting screws separately.
- Can You Lay the PS5 On Its Side? Debunking Console Placement Myths
- How to Update Turtle Beach Stealth 600 or Stealth 700 Headsets
- Does GameStop Buy Oculus Quest 2? A Comprehensive Guide to Trade-Ins
- How to Fix Oculus Quest 2 Controller Drift: Step-by-Step Guide
- How Long Does It Take to Charge a Meta Quest 2: Duration, Insights, and Best Practices