The Nexx garage opener is one of my favorite purchases by far mainly because there have been times where I accidentally left my garage door open on my to work. The Nexx garage was an easy fix for that problem, but it goes far beyond that the capabilities the Nexx provides can act as a security system as well as an easy convenient way to control your garage door. The Nexx garage door is able to integrate with various systems each providing their own unique advantages.
The integration that most people are curious about however is Siri. Does Siri Work with The Nexx Garage opener?
Yes, Nexx garage does work with Siri, to connect simply open the Nexx home and pair Siri with Nexx.
Follow the guide below for full steps iOS 12 & iOS 13 require different steps we will show you how to connect to both.
How To Connect Siri To Nexx Garage
- First, you will need to open you NexxHome App for apple you will need to install the app if you haven’t already done so
- Once you open the app and perform any action a pop up will occur asking you if you would like to use the App with Siri
Set up For iOS 12
- After allowing the app access to use Siri shortcuts, go to Settings, then Siri & Search
- you will be able to see different shortcuts that you can setup. Simply click on the “+” sign to set up a shortcut
- You will then be able to record a phrase to activate the shortcut
- Once the recording is complete click on “Done” on the top right corner
- And once that’s complete your new short cut can be viewed on “My Shortcuts” in Settings -> Siri & Search
Set up For iOS 13
- After allowing the app access to use Siri shortcuts you will need to open the “Shortcuts” app you can install it if you haven’t already done so.
- Open the Shortcuts app and select the “+” icon to create a new shortcut
- You will now be able to see an “Add Action” button
- Once you’re done simply select “Add to this shortcut”
- You can simply add more actions with the “+” icon
- Once complete click on “Next” then enter a name for your shortcut and click on “done”
- Your all done test it out on Siri by saying “Hey Siri,” then the phrase you created.
Siri & Nexx Garage Opener
The Nexx garage opener makes it easy to keep track of your garage door status, it also allows you to control your garage door from wherever you are in the world as it is wifi operated.
The Nexx garage also works as a security system notifying you when your garage door has been opened or closed. You can also check the history tab on the app and check at what time has the garage been opened or closed.
You can also integrate Nexx to other smart systems such as a smart camera which will start recording once your garage door is opened this is an incredible feature if you’re looking to enhance your home security.
Connecting Siri to your Nexx Garage door opener will allow you to ask Siri on the status of your door, whether it is open or closed. You will also be able to tell Siri to close and open your garage door without having to open the app.
Related Nexx Questions
Does Nexx Work With SmartThings?
Yes, Nexx does work with Samsung SmartThings read our post here on how to set up Nexx to work with smartThings as well as what Nexx can do when connected to SmartThings.
Does Nexx Work With Google Home?
Nexx does work with google home here’s a full guide on how to integrate Nexx with Google Home as well as it’s benefits to doing so.
So there it is, connecting you Nexx to Siri is incredibly simple and extremely beneficial, you will be able to control your smart garage hub through voice control without having to do much. The Nexx is able to integrate with various smart systems such as IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa, and the best part is this can be done without any additional monthly fees. Some smart garage door openers in the market do require a monthly fee to integrate to these services but with the Nexx you will be able to integrate to all these services with no costs at all.