Are you wondering if you can utilize your Firestick to watch your Blink video feed?
Yes, you can. All you need to do is connect your Blink device and Firestick to Alexa. Doing this allows you to watch the former’s feed through your Firestick-enabled TV.
Read on below to learn more about viewing your Blink Camera with a Firestick.
How to Connect Your Blink Home Camera to Your Firestick:
Before you can use the Firestick to watch your Blink reel, you need to connect these two first.
1. Set up your Blink camera
In case it’s your first time installing a Blink camera, you’ll be glad to know that it’s very easy to do so.
Start off by picking a spot to install your camera. Place the mount included in the product and put the camera on it.
The last step is to plug in the Blink camera. Now, you’re ready to use it.
2. Install your Firestick device
In case you haven’t installed your Firestick device, it’s time for you to do so.
All you need to do is plug your Firestick into the dedicated port of your TV.
Granted that you’re connected to the internet, your Firestick will ask you to connect it with your streaming accounts.
3. Link the two devices
Now that you have installed your Blink and Firestick device, you can now connect them.
To complete this step, you need to download and install your Alexa app.
- Open the Alexa app and click on the option ‘More’.
- Choose ‘Skills ; Games’ and look for ‘Blink Smarthome’.
- Sign in with your Blink account (or make one if you’re a new user).
- Input a 4-digit code that you can use to disarm the Blink camera.
- Choose ‘Sign in’ then ‘Close’.
- Click on ‘Discover Devices’. This will connect your Alexa account to your Blink camera.
You will receive a prompt asking you to name your camera. After doing so, just follow the next steps to complete the connection.
4. Test your connection.
Before you watch your Blink camera through your Firestick device, you have to check the two devices’ connections.
How to Watch Your Blink Video With the Amazon Firestick
Once you have connected the devices, you can start to use them.
Just ‘talk’ to your Firestick and tell Alexa to show your Blink camera feed. Be specific with the camera you like to be shown, especially if you have multiple cameras installed in your house.
For example, you can say ‘Alexa, display (name of the camera).’
In a few seconds, you’ll see the feed from your specified camera.
How to Watch Your Blink Camera on Your Amazon Fire TV
If you don’t have a Firestick device but have a Fire TV, you can use the latter to watch your Blink camera reel.
Similar to the procedure above, all you just need to do is connect your Blink camera and Fire TV to your Alexa app.
Other Blink Camera Commands You Can Do With Your Firestick Device
Apart from watching the camera feed, you can utilize your Firestick device to do the following:
- Ask about the last motion clip
To watch this, you need to say ‘Alexa, show me when was the last video clip’.
- See how many motion clips you have
You just need to say ‘Alexa, ask Blink how many video clips I have’.
- Disarm the camera
Just say, ‘Alexa, disarm the Blink camera.’ You will need to provide the pin you have added earlier to do this.
- Check your Blink camera status
Alexa will pull up the status of the linked Blink cameras when you say ‘Alexa, ask Blink to get my status’.
How to Create an Alexa Routine For Your Blink Camera
If you want to perform a Blink camera action for a certain period or duration, you can do this with the help of an Alexa routine.
You can set up one (or some) by following these steps:
- Go to the Alexa app and click on the curtain menu. Choose ‘Routines’.
- Create a new routine by tapping on the plus sign.
- Select ‘Enter routine name’. Name your routine.
- Click on ‘When this happens’ then choose the icon Smart Home.
- Go to ‘Choose Device’ and select the Blink camera you want to use for the routine.
- Pick whether the action is ‘Detected’. When you do this, you can set a certain amount of time for the initial event. If you select ‘Not Detected’, you will have to set the waiting time for the initial event.
- Tap ‘Anytime’ to fix the schedule for the active routine. You also have the option to create a schedule by clicking on ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Add action’. You can pick ‘Alexa says’ and input the statement you want to say for the routine.
Watching your Blink camera on your TV is easy. All you need to do is connect this device with your Firestick through the Alexa app.