If you’ve recently gotten yourself a new pair of Jlab earbuds or headphones, pairing your device for the first time may seem pretty confusing if you’ve never done it before. However, it’s actually quite simple. Let’s get into it!
How to Pair Jlab Earbuds
if this is your first time using your Jlab earbuds, you will need to pair them manually; this is how:
- Grab both earbuds and press and hold both buttons for 3 seconds.
- Your left earbuds LED light should turn solid white, & your left earbuds should blink blue & white. (Indicating thhat your device is on pairing mode).
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Phone or other Bluetooth device you’d like to connect to & select your device from the list and tap connect.
- You will receive a voice prompt stating “Bluetooth connected”, both earbuds LED will turn a solid white indicating device is now paired.
Now that your device is connected, simply putting your earbuds back in the case and removing them will automatically connect to your device.
How to Pair Jlab earbuds to a different or new Bluetooth device
Once you pair your Jlab earbuds to a device, it will automatically connect to that device every time you remove it from the case. In order to connect your Jlab earbuds to a different device, you will need to:
- Turn off Bluetooth on your previous device.
- take your earbuds off the case to enter pairing mode.
- on your new device’s Bluetooth list select your Jlab earbuds.
that’s it! You should now be connected to your new device.
Why are my JLab earbuds not pairing?
In some cases, you may experience issues finding your device even after turning off Bluetooth on your previous device. In most cases, this issue is solved by going to your previously connected device’s Bluetooth list select your Jlab earbuds & click on “forget device.” This will forget the device from the list stopping your earbuds from trying to connect to your old device as opposed to the new one.
(Skip to 2:23 for video demonstration)
Jlab earbuds one earbud not pairing?
In some cases, you may notice only one of your Jlab earbuds is pairing to your device. Here’s how to fix the issue:
Method #1 Manual Reset
- Place your earbuds in the charging case.
- press the button on your right earbuds 4 times while still int he case. Your earbuds LED light should blink blue 4 times then will turn solid Blue.
- With the right earbuds still in the case repeat the process with the left earbuds.
- Once your left earbuds Led light turns a solid blue color take the earbuds out of the charging case.
- Now wait for the left earbuds to turn solid white and the left to turn blink blue & white indicating pairing mode is on.
- Now on your Bluetooth device select Jlab earbdus from the Bluetooth list & connect.
Your device should now be connected.
(Skip to 1:38 for video demonstration)
Method #2 Reset your device
- Place both earbuds inside the case.
- “Forget your Jlab earbuds” from your Bluetooth device list.
- With the earbuds still inside the case, quick tap the right earbud 7 times.
- Now quick tap your lefty earbuds 7 times while still in the case.
- take your earbuds out of the case.
- Your earbuds will begin to enter pairing mode. (Left earbuds led light will turn solid white, right earbuds will blink blue & white indicating earbuds is in pairing mode).
- Now on your Bluetooth device seslect your Jlab earbuds from the list & connect.
How to use Jlab earbuds
First, let’s start with charging your device; the length of time it takes to charge your device depends on the type of Jlab earbuds your using. For this example, we’ll take the Jlab Go Air earbuds, which take 2 hours to charge the case, and 90 minutes to charge the earbuds.
Now let’s take a look at the button functions:
- Tapping the left earbud once -> volume down
- Tapping right earbuds once -> volume up
- Double Tap left earbud -> activates voice assistant
- Double tap right earbuds -> Play/pause
- Press and hold left earbud for 2 seconds -> track back
- Press and hold right earbud for 2 seconds -> track forward
- Triple tap left or right earbud -> EQ change
- Press & hold left or right earbuds for 3 seconds+ -> Power on
How to Pair Jlab Headphones
- Turn Bluetooth on, on your Phone or Bluetooth device you’d like to connect to.
- With the headphones off press and hold the on/off button for 10 seconds.
- Your headphones LED light should blink blue & red to indicate headphones are on pairing mode.
- On your Bluetooth device’s Bluetooth list select your Jlab headphones.
That’s it; your Jlab headphones should now be connected to your device.
Why won’t my JLab headphones connect?
If you’re trying to connect your headphones to a new device, chances are your headphones are trying to pair to your old device. To fix the issue “forget your headphones” on your old device’s Bluetooth list in order to prevent your headphones from connecting to the old device.