There is one thing that many of us wireless headphone lovers can’t stand, & that’s the headphones cutting off too early from losing range from your device.
One of the most popular wireless headphones in the market at the moment is Apple Airpods, so this brings us to the question, how far do AirPods reach?
Airpods can reach up to 40 meters before cutting off. However, this also depends on the version of Bluetooth your connected device is using. Older versions of Bluetooth will reduce the distance in which your AirPods will work.
Let’s take a look at what you need to understand about the AirPods range and how to know how far it can go with the device you’re planning on using it with.
How Far Can Airpods Reach Before Cutting Off?
As we mentioned above you can expect your AirPods to reach around 40 meters before cutting off. But there are a few things that can minimize the distance in which it can stay connected. The main one being the Bluetooth version of the device it’s connected to. Airpods use Bluetooth 5 which offers the longest range of connection.
Let’s take a look at different Bluetooth versions and how far apart they can go until they get disconnected:
- BLUETOOTH 3: 10 meters (33 ft)
- BLUETOOTH 4: 60 meters (200 ft)
- BLUETOOTH 5: 240 meters (800 ft)
So as you can see different versions of Bluetooth offer different ranges, although this doesn’t mean if you connect your AirPods to a device that uses Bluetooth 5 that you will be able to use your AirPods 240 meters apart from your phone, how far apart you can go from your device depends on a lot of factors including your environment.
But generally expect to get a 40-50 meter distance from your device if you are using Bluetooth 5 & around a 30-meter distance if you using a Bluetooth 4 device.
Key Features Of Airpods:
Airpods are known for their stable wireless connection as well as their ultra-fast connection time, this is thanks to Apple H1 headphone chip which Apple says is up to 2x faster when switching between active devices, as well as provides 1.5x faster connection time for phone calls.
Airpods batteries last around 5 hours of listening time as well as 3 hours of talk time. The best part about the AirPods is that the charging case is super lightweight and portable and is easily chargeable on the go. A 15-minute charge will get you around 3 hours of listening time as well as 2 hours of talk time.
Shortcut your Tasks
Airpods allow you to use certain features on your phone without even taking your phone out of your pocket. You’re able to tap your AirPods to change music, talk to Siri, check the weather as well as use your AirPods many other features.
Pros & Cons of Airpods:
- Quality sound thanks to Apple H1 Chip
- You’re able to use phone features like Siri without pulling out your phone
- They’re sweat and water-resistant
- If lose can be found with “find my iPhone”
- Long-lasting battery
- 15 minutes of charging will last you 3 hours of listening time and 2 hours of talking
- If your AirPods fall out your content will immediately be paused
- Extremely easy to connect with Apple devices
- Easy to lose since they are quite small (although they can be found with “find my iPhone” feature)
1. Are Airpods good for working out?
Airpods can be used for working out and work quite effectively. The new AirPods are sweat resistance so you don’t need to worry about them being damaged by sweat. As for them falling out, they seem to work quite well for running and weight training although if you’re into gymnastics their most likely going to fall out so it does depend on what type of work out you do.
2. What’s the difference between AirPods and AirPods Pro
The Airpods Pro offer a few premium features which cant be found on the Airpods such as:
- Active Noise Cancellation, this allows your AirPods to block out external noise while listening
- Sweat-resistant, the Airpod pro offer sweat resistance which makes it a perfect option if you would like to work out with your AirPods
- Customization, the AirPods pro come with different eartips in order to find the perfect fit for you.
- Pressure valve, The AirPod Pro uses a very small pressure valve to reduce pressure from the sound inside your ear, this reduces discomfort most individuals encounter from high-pressure headphones
- Aesthetics, the Airpod pro come slightly shorter than the AirPods
So there you have it, AirPods can generally stay connected at around 40 meters apart, although this usually depends on the environment such as how many walls you have between you and the device, as well as the version of Bluetooth your connected device, is using. Airpods are designed with H1 chips as well as Bluetooth v5 which allows it to stay connected at a longer distance.