A common issue users of the Firestick TV face is the volume not working on the Firestick remote.
There are a few reasons why this issue may occur, sometimes your remote just simply needs a quick power cycle; whereas in other cases it’s caused by an error in the configuration process.
Let’s take a look at a few solutions on how to solve this issue quick & easily!
Fix Volume Not Working On Firestick Remote:
In most cases, all that is required to fix this issue is simply power cycling your remote. To do this simply remove the batteries from your remote wait for 10 seconds before putting them back in.
This should be enough to fix the solution in most cases, however, if the issue still persists then move on to solution #2.
- Locate & click on the Settings option on the top right corner
- Once inside Settings locate & select Equipment control
- Now select Manage Equipment -> TV -> select Change TV
- Select you TV Brand
- It will then ask you to press the power button to turn off your TV. Wait for 10 seconds & then press the power button again to turn it back on.
This should solve the issue; however, if your volume is still not working follow along to the next step.
solution #3 two involves power cycling both the Firestick remote & device first then configuring the remote as seen in solution #1. Follow these steps:
- remove batteries from your Firestick remote
- Unplug Fire TV from your HDMI port as well as from the power source, simply wait for 20 seconds before plugging it back in
- Once the Fire TV device has booted & you’re taken to the home screen, put the batteries back in the remote
- Next, hold the home button for 10 seconds
- This will cause your remote light to start blinking, once blinking has stopped locate & select settings on your home page
- Once inside Settings select Equipment Control -> Manage Equipment -> Change TV.
- Follow the configuration steps
So there you have it, your volume should now be working!
Solution #4: (Alternative method) Install My FireTV App on to Your Phone
Installing the My FireTV App onto your phone will allow you to control your FireTV device completely from your phone, this includes controlling the volume.
Other Common Issues & Solutions With The Firestick Remote:
Now let’s take a look at other common issues users face with the Firestick remote as well as how to solve each one of these issues.
FireStick Remote Not Working
Common Reasons why your Firestick Remote may not be working:
- The Battery is Depleted: One of the most common causes of the Firestick remote not working, is simply because the battery has run out. The Firestick remote consumes battery fairly quickly, so if your remote all of a sudden stopped working, chances are the batteries have run out & simply need to be replaced.
- Remote hasn’t paired successfully: Another common reason for the Firestick remote not working is issues with pairing. Simply Hold down the Home button on the remote for around 10 seconds to pair it once again. If this doesn’t solve the issue then follow our steps below on “Firestick Remote Not Pairing”
- Compatibility: If you have opted for an alternative remote for the Firestick, chances are the remote may be incompatible with the Firestick TV.
FireStick Remote Not Pairing
Issues with pairing are quite common with the Firestick remote & can be solved quite easily. Let’s take a look at how to solve this.
Solution #1: Power cycle Your Firestick Remote
Simply remove the batteries wait for 10 seconds & put them back. It’s that easy!
Solution #2: Power cycle The FireStick Device
Simply unplug your firestick device’s power source, wait for around 30 seconds & plug it back in. This will reboot your firestick.
Solution #3 Reset Bluetooth Connection
Hold down the home button for 10 seconds, this will reset the Bluetooth connection as well as allow you to re-pair your remote to your device.
So there you have it, issues with volume are quite common with the Firestick remote however one of these solutions should resolve the problem.
If you’re still experiencing issues with your remote a great alternative until you can get your remote replaced or fixed is to simply install the MY Fire TV App on to your phone, this will allow you to control your TV through your phone this includes controlling the volume.