Attic fans are great for air circulation in the home. These fans are ideal in the spring season when the air is fresh and cool. Attic fans help to bring in fresh air into the home. Using the attic fans in the summer and winter seasons is not recommended. This is because the home temperature will rise or fall too much due to external air circulating in the home. To maintain a comfortable home temperature it is a good idea to cover the attic fan vent when the fan is not being used.
Benefits of using an attic fan cover
- It helps you to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
- It keeps your attic insulated from external elements like moisture and heat.
- It prevents unwanted external air from entering your home.
- It helps to bring down your electricity bill.
Best Attic Fan Cover For Your Home
There are many different attic fan covers made with different materials. Choosing the right fan cover for your home is important to get the desired result. Here are a few top-rated attic fan covers found on Amazon.
Size 48″ x 48″
- Material – The AES attic fan cover is made with non-toxic polyester material. This fan cover helps to keep your attic insulated from the weather outside.
- Inclusions – The AES fan cover comes included with all the necessary tools for installation. A razor knife is also included with the product to help customers to cut the fan cover according to their needs.
- Insulation – This fan cover has a foam core layer laminated between two layers of barrier material. The highly reflective foil layer provides good insulation from heat and cold.
- Durable – The fan cover offers good resistance to birds, insects and does not get punctured easily. The polyester material resists mold and mildew as well making it safe for home use.
- Temperature – The AES fan cover can insulate your attic from high temperatures ranging from -60F to 180F.
- Easy to install.
- Has a new razor knife for cutting the cover.
- Insulates the attic space from heat and cold.
- It does not shrink over time.
- Velcro strips do not stick to the fan cover. The velcro strips have to be stitched or super glued to the cover.
Size 48″ X 48″
- Foam Core – This fan cover has a 1/4″ thick foam core in between two layers of barrier material. This thick foam core helps to provide better insulation to the attic.
- Tape – This fan cover comes with a reusable double-sided tape of 16 feet length. This tape can be reused as needed to keep the fan cover in place all year through.
- Easy Installation – The US Energy fan cover is quite easy to install. The attic fan can be covered from the outside without the need to access the attic space in the home. Simple tools like a razor knife or a utility knife are all that is needed for installing the fan cover.
- Power Saving – The thick insulation of this fan cover helps to reduce your power bill. Leakage of cool air, drafts from the attic can all be stopped by installing this fan cover.
- It can be cut to an adequate size to fit your attic fan.
- Easy to install as a DIY project without needing to call for an expert.
- Tools for installation are not included with the package.
- Double-sided tape is inadequate to hold the fan cover in place. The tape does not stick to the fan cover. Extra adhesives have to be used to hold the fan cover in place.
Size 36″ X 48″
- Foam Core – This fan cover has a thick 1/4″ foam core that keeps the attic insulated from the elements. This foam core is in between a layer of reflective barrier foil material and white material.
- Inclusions – This fan cover comes included with double-sided tape of 16 feet length. This tape can be reused as needed to keep the fan cover in place all year round.
- Quality – The Insulation-Therm attic fan cover is made from high-quality materials. The white foam core is thick unlike the cheap foam used in other covers. The new, improved adhesive tape of this fan cover is durable and strong.
- Installation – This fan cover can be installed by anyone as it is a simple DIY task. There is no need to use special tools as the fan cover can be stuck using the adhesive tape given.
- The reusable adhesive tape allows you to keep the fan cover on all through the year. This tape can be used when needed to keep the fan cover from falling off.
- The 1/4″ thick foam core helps to give better insulation than the other cheaper quality fan covers.
- Velcro strips are not used to hold the fan cover in place.
- The adhesive tape keeps giving away during extreme temperatures. As a result, the fan cover falls off from its place exposing the attic to air drafts.
Size 48″ X 36″
- Adjustable – The size of this attic fan cover can be adjusted according to your needs. The fan cover can be trimmed by using a razor knife to fit the attic fan opening.
- Foam Core – The Insulation-Therm attic fan cover has a 1/4″ foam core. This core is in between a layer of reflective barrier foil and white polyester material.
- Tape – Double-sided tape of 16 feet length is included with this product. This tape is 3 mm thick and can be reused to keep the fan cover in place.
- Durable – This fan cover offers good resistance to high temperatures. It cannot be damaged easily by birds or insects as it is made with high-quality materials.
- Reduces your power bills by stopping air from getting out of the house.
- Hot air and drafts are also reduced by installing this attic fan cover.
- Velcro strips are not provided with the product. Velcro is better than adhesive tape as it helps to keep the fan cover in place firmly.
- Trimming tools like blades or knives are not included with the fan cover. These tools are needed to trim the attic fan cover to make it fit over your fan space perfectly.
Size 48″ x 48″
- Velcro Tape – This attic fan cover comes included with 16 feet of Velcro tape to keep the fan cover in place. This tape is stronger and more durable than other adhesive tapes.
- Safe – This fan cover does not have any irritants nor does it cause any allergies. The cover does not have any fiberglass components and is completely non-toxic.
- Durable – The Supersheild attic fan cover remains durable as it is a high-quality product. This fan cover does not get damaged by birds or insects.
- DIY Installation – Installing this fan cover in your attic is an easy task. You can stick this attic fan cover all by yourself without needing any help or special tools.
- Foam Core – The 1/4″ thick foam core of this attic fan cover gives good insulation to the attic. This foam core is in between a layer of whiter polyester material and a layer of reflective foil.
- It offers good resistance to birds and insects.
- The fan cover does not develop punctures easily.
- It can sustain high temperatures and remain durable in all seasons.
- Although this fan cover can be trimmed or cut the tools for cutting are not included with the product.
Size 48″ x 48″
- Foam Core – The MWS Residential attic vent sealer has a 1/8″ foam core. This foam core is in between a layer of low E-white material and reflective foil.
- Tape – This vent sealer comes included with 16 feet of military-grade adhesive tape. This strong adhesive tape can be reused over time as per your need.
- Temperature Resistance – This attic vent sealer remains durable all through the year. This fan cover can resist temperatures from -60F to 180F without getting damaged.
- Durable – The MWS attic vent sealer is a highly durable vent cover. This cover offers good resistance to birds and insects and does not get damaged by them. The puncture-resistant materials ensure that this fan cover remains durable all year long.
- Energy-efficient – The MWS attic vent cover helps to reduce power costs by blocks air drafts. This helps to reduce radiant heat and stop cool air from the home from escaping outside. All these factors help to keep the home cool without needing to keep the AC running for a long time.
- This fan cover is effective in blocking radiant heat in the attic space. Users have noted that the radiant heat has been cut down for up to 95% after installation.
- The adhesive tape is not strong enough to hold the vent cover in place. Extra adhesives are needed to keep the cover from falling off its place.
Size 48″ x 48″
- Insulation – The AES residential attic vent cover helps to keep the temperature optimal. This vent cover with high-quality reflective foil and white polyester material.
- Adhesive Tape – Double-sided tape is included with this vent cover to hold it in place over the attic vent.
- Durable – This attic vent cover is highly durable and remains damage-free all through the year. As a result, the attic space remains protected from excessive heat and humidity.
- Saves Power – Installing the AES attic vent cover helps you to bring down your power bills. The cover protects your home air from escaping out and also prevents air drafts. This reduces the need to keep your AC running for a long time to cool your home down.
- Installing the AES Residential attic vent cover is an easy task. This can be a simple DIY without the need for tools or help. The vent cover needs to be firmly secured to the attic fan vent to insulate it.
- The AES attic vent cover can be used anywhere in the home as it is a multipurpose product. This vent cover can be used to create a protective shield over any vent or window.
- This vent cover does not have a foam core to add an extra layer of insulation. This lack of foam core makes the product thin and less durable.
- The double-sided adhesive tape that is included with the product does not help to keep it in place. There are no velcro straps to secure the vent cover firmly. Extra adhesives are needed to stop the cover from falling off.
Size 48″ x 48″
- Material – The M-D Attic Armor fan cover with half vinyl and half reflective foil material.
- Installation – This attic fan cover can without the need for any special tools. The fixed Velcro strips on the fan cover make installation an easy task.
- Trimming – This fan cover can be trimmed or cut to suit your needs. Use a razor blade or knife to cut the fan cover to fit your attic fan vent. The Velcro strips need to be re-attached if the fan cover is cut.
- This attic fan cover is attached with Velcro strips. These strips make it convenient to remove and attach the fan cover as needed.
- Installing the M-D attic fan cover is easy as the Velcro strips reduce the need for the use of special tools.
- This fan cover can be used as an insulation cover for any vent in the home.
- The Velcro strips are of poor quality and do not keep the fan cover in place. These strips may give off in extreme temperatures causing the fan cover to fall off from its place. This beats the purpose of installing the fan cover in the attic. Using strong adhesive is recommended to ensure that the fan cover stays in its place.
- The lack of a foam core reduces the durability of this attic fan cover.
Size 36″ x 48″
- Energy Saving – Installing the Battic attic fan cover helps to reduce your power bills. This fan cover stops drafts, reduces the heat/cold from entering your home. This insulation helps you to maintain your home temperature at the desired level. Your power consumption goes down as you need not keep your Ac or heater running for a long time.
- Easy Installation – This fan cover can installed easily without using any tools. The cover can be fixed to the fan vents from outside the home also without the need for entering the attic.
- Foam Core – The Battic attic fan cover has a 1/4″ foam core within its layers. This foam core improves the insulation strength of the fan cover. This helps to keep the attic free from humidity, moisture, and heat.
- Velcro – This attic fan cover has Velcro strips that help to keep it in its place. These strips can be used easily to install the fan cover over any vent in the home.
- It helps to reduce power consumption by reducing air leakage from the home.
- The Velcro strips on this fan cover allow you to remove and attach it as per your need. The cover can be removed during spring and re-attached to the vent during winter and summer.
- Trimming or cutting tools like scissors or knives are not included with the product.
Although using an attic fan vent cover is not compulsory, it is a smart choice that many homeowners make. These simple insulation vent covers can make a huge difference in your home. Before choosing a particular fan vent cover, here are a few things that you should keep in mind.
Choose the right-sized attic vent cover to avoid disappointment. Most fan covers can be cut or trimmed but if your vent is larger than the cover then it cannot. To avoid such situations, make sure that your measure your vent and then buy the cover.
Check the material of the fan cover to ensure that it can withstand the heat/cold in the attic. Attic fan covers made with quality materials will remain durable for a long time.
Ensure that the installation process is an easy task to avoid wasting your time. Select a fan cover that has pre-fixed Velcro or adhesive tapes on its sides to make installation easy.
Select fan covers that can resist damage from insects and birds. Attic fan covers made with heat, fire and moisture-resistant materials are ideal.